importing orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing orders

I have v11 on two computers, one of them fairly new. When I imported the current snapshot into the new installation I got a tsunami of error messages. Tech Support helped me with one issue - that downloading of orders went wrong - but not with any of the rest.

At present I'm using the new computer only to process orders, and don't dare risk uploading from it. Any updating is done from the old computer. But if the day comes that that computer dies I'm in trouble, so I need to get the two machines in healthy sync.

I thought as a first move to re-import the latest snapshot from the old machine into the new and see if it goes any better this time. But that would overwrite orders, so first I need to export the up-do-date orders to the old machine.

Help doesn't seem to cover that. It refers to importing orders from an earlier version when upgrading but says nothing about importing from another machine. The File menu has Import Orders but not Export Orders.

I can't afford to get this wrong, so I'd be grateful if somebody could give me the step-by-step.

Could you make duplicate sites on both computers one marked catalog and the other catalogTEST using your own names

You could then try things with the Test sites and if ok continue using them and just delete the ones you don't want and if using the test ones just rename them back to the original name
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
    X