digital download nerves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital download nerves

I sell sheet music, which I print from .tiff and .pdf files. There is a business case for offering digital download of the files as an alternative to the physical product. Setting up would be a huge job, and I'm wondering what sort of problems I'm liable to run into.

The number of products is large. The page for standard string quartet instrumentation, the largest, has over 700 products. Typical file sizes would go from 10 Mb upwards.

I've read the Help files, and JSnow's guide to customizing digital download at

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53468

which includes a suggestion for overcoming timeouts during uploading, among other things.

There will need to be two different receipt and acknowledgement of order emails, with different wording for digital download and physical sheet music orders. I assume that SD provides for that.

I assume that I will run into problems that I haven't foreseen. If anyone can offer insights I would be very grateful.

Fortunately, I would be in a position to experiment, since I wouldn't attempt the madness of paralleling the entire catalogue in one go.
Working...
X