Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Problems

Hi all,

On the top of ach page of my site i have some text links for things like "next day delivery" etc. These work fine on most pages but on some do not seem to work eg "shopping cart", "login", "checkout" etc. On these pages they still show that they are pointing to the correct link but it keeps resulting in an error message saying the page cannot be found.

Can anyone think what the problem might be?

You can see the problem on if you follow this link:

http://www.designtoplease.co.uk/cgi-...CTION=SHOWCART

but works fine here:

www.designtoplease.co.uk

Kind Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

These pages are coming from your cgi-bin directory but your popup code is this

onclick="window.open('terms_info.html','name',.....

so the browser is looking for terms_info.html in your cgi-bin and not in /acatalog/

Use either

onclick="window.open('/acatalog/terms_info.html','name',.....

or

onclick="window.open('http://www.designtoplease.co.uk/acatalog/terms_info.html','name',.....
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Many thanks this is now all working.

Kind Regards
      Jon
      www.designtoplease.co.uk
      www.getmeoutofahole.com
      www.toys4james.co.uk
      Located in Herts

Comment

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of redesigning my site which i have uploaded to the domain www.equip2cater.co.uk for testing purposes.

Like with the current site I have got links to popup pages on the top of the page. These links work fine on all the pages apart from the homepage. I am using different coding for the popups than previously (shown below) but am thinking the issue is similar to the previous one I posted which was due to the fact that the url structure i was using meant that on certain pages it was looking for popup page in the wrong site folder.

"<a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('secure%5finfo%2ehtml',350,270);" title="More Info on Secure"><font size="1">&#43;</font> Secure<br/><br/></a>"

Does anyone here know how I could amend the javascript commmand so that the url works on the homepage as well as the other pages?

Regards

Jon
        Jon
        www.designtoplease.co.uk
        www.getmeoutofahole.com
        www.toys4james.co.uk
        Located in Herts

Comment

It won't work on the home page because the files are in your store folder, add that before the file name such as: acatalog/secure%5finfo%2ehtml
          Peblaco

Comment

Hi Lousie,

Many thanks for such a quick reply - I will test this out when I et home from lunch but thought that it was something along those lines.

Kind Regards

Jon
            Jon
            www.designtoplease.co.uk
            www.getmeoutofahole.com
            www.toys4james.co.uk
            Located in Herts

Comment

Hi Louise,

Many thanks for your help on this - I got it to work by setting up a condition which uses your suggested code if it's on the homepage and uses the original code i had on the other pages.

Kind Regards
              Jon
              www.designtoplease.co.uk
              www.getmeoutofahole.com
              www.toys4james.co.uk
              Located in Herts

Comment

Working...
              X