Checkout error messages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout error messages...

When an error message is shown on the checkout pages it breaks my layout.

I can find where to change the text (design > text), but not where to change the table details that are generated.

The code being generated is:
    <table width="550" cellpadding="10" border="1" bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <span class="actrequiredcolor">The format of the entered Email Address is not valid.Sorry, but we are unable to accept your order if you do not accept our terms and conditions.</span>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

But the width of the table means it goes over the edges of my shop

Could anyone help??

Thanks
    J

But the width of the table means it goes over the edges of my shop
    Design Menu, library, variables, site, ACTSTDWIDTH

change this to less than 55o to make it fit

Comment

Yeah, I changed that to 520 but it's not made any difference!

Comment

maybe its hard coded, you'll have to search the code

Start with the layouts for shopping cart and
        add to cart confirmation

see if those layouts are using ACTSTDWIDTH or a hardcoded value

Comment

You need to make the change in the Design | text area, reduce 550 to 520 here. The formatting for the table bringing in the error message comes from this area. This is in 'Design | Text' click on 'Go To' and the ID's are 2178, 2179 and 2180.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Just to let people know how I found to fix it, I stumbled across the width in Design > Site Options (general tab) "Width for main area".

This is where the number was being pulled from instead of the number I had set in ACTSTDWIDTH, even though it was using the code to call the variable ACTSTDWIDTH

Very strange - but at least it's sorted now.

ps - thanks Bruce for the error table info - that's just answered another question i just posted to the forum.

Comment

Bruce:

Is there a similar thing to adjust the table that is produced to display the page "You will now be automatically transferred to the Protx VSP secure server to process you.........."?

It's getting another width from somewhere (!) and I've looked through design>text, and design>library... not sure where to find it!

Thanks

Comment

That comes from the 'Act_OCCPROTXTemplate.html' file that you will find in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC'. You will find this line.. <TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="600">

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

thanks bruce!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                    You need to make the change in the Design | text area, reduce 550 to 520 here. The formatting for the table bringing in the error message comes from this area. This is in 'Design | Text' click on 'Go To' and the ID's are 2178, 2179 and 2180.

Kind regards,
                    Hi,

I'm having this same problem, but i've edited the Design | text area HTML and edited the width in the settings > site options "General" tab and nothing works. I'm using a shopping mode of "Quantity in Checkout", does this make a difference?

Cheers
                    Angie

Comment

Working...
                    X