No announcement yet.

How to narrow the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES! That's done it! I love you and I want to have your babies.

Next question: How do I centre my images in the section link boxes? They are clinging to the left. I want them central.

Also, I want my sections on the welcome page; how do I do this? I have done a search on the forum but could find nothing, honest. I don't like the usual welcome + special offers, the welcome part yes, but then straight to the sections- on the same page.

Comment

Centering section boxes, try another layout. Sections on the home page? Go on then I searched for you: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24447. P.S. Don't forget you might have two main layouts, check this is on your brochure pages as well as your shop pages.
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
        How far into the users guide have you read?

Great starting point and would save you many hours further down the road.

Regards
        Daren
        I've done most of the starter guide. I'd like to learn Actinic thoroughly but I'm also under a little pressure to get the site functional. I'm pretty good at getting to grips with these things. Loose ends can all be tied up once orders start coming in. *touch wood*

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
          P.S. Don't forget you might have two main layouts, check this is on your brochure pages as well as your shop pages.
          Yeah, I got the two layouts thanks. Regarding the section link boxes; they are nice and central; I want the images to sit central within them.

Comment

Sections on the home page? Go on then I searched for you: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24447
            Thanks for that but it has a funny effect. Maybe some kind of ENTER STORE link, clearly visible?

Comment

Which section link layout are you using?. An Enter Store link could be done using a fragment and link tab.
              Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                Which section link layout are you using?
                The parent is Section link within a box.

Comment

Click the section in design view, in the code remove the middle </td><td> and you can center the link by finding <td align="left" and changing it to <td align="center"
                  Peblaco

Comment

Wow! You've done it again. Don't understand that code but it's spot on. How did you get so clever? I won't stop pestering you now.

Comment

Ok, now I want a text fragment to go right across rather than having a product sitting next to it. The products should be below in two columns.

Loooouiiiise!

Comment

Lol

I'm going to give you a 50% discount on your first purchase.

There are 6 products but the description for them all is the same. I don't want to put the desription 6 times, so I'm putting it in a fragment at the top, then I want the products to sit nicely underneath, but the first one has planted itself next to the fragment on the right hand side. Like this:

F P
                        P P
                        P P
                        P

I want

F
                        P P
                        P P
                        P P

Comment

See post here.
                          Peblaco

Comment

We sell ducting and ventilation products. You never know.

Thanks again. I genuinely forgot to search the forums. It looks I'm getting lazy and just asking you to do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X