• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 Problem

When I try to process an off-line order I encounter the following problem:-

1. I select "New Order"

2. I select "Never Shopped Before" and click "Next>"

3. I fill in the customer's details, but when I try to select the "Country*" from the drop down box it is empty. Obviously as this is a mandatory field I can go no further.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macke

what version of V9 are you using? (catalog/business and version from Help>About)
    Tracey

Comment

Hi

Actinic Catalog V 9.0.0.0.0.0.ICLA

Comment

ok..same as me then.
        I tested this, in catalog, and it worked fine.
        What countries do you usually offering shipping to? Do you have it set as UK only online with no country dropdown or do you usually offer shipping outside the UK too?
        Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracy

We offer worldwide shipping.

Macke

Comment

Hi Ken,

I can't replicate this issue either, can you tell me what zones you have set up and what countries are in these zones (right-click and select 'Properties').
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Not forgetting what 'tax treatment' each of the shipping locations belongs to. (i.e. you cannot have a shipping location that does not have a tax treatment specified)
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi

Sorry I have been away for a few days. Anyway where do I right click and select properties?

I have today uninstalled V9. Removed all trace from my C: drive and the registry. Re-booted and done a clean install. Ran the program as an Actinic Business evaluation version. Uploaded the snapshot and all was fine. Closed down and restarted. Put in my Authorisation Key for Actinic Catalog and I am back to where I started. No countries in the drop down box when I try to process an off-line order.

Ken

Comment

Anyway where do I right click and select properties?
                  On the zones that are set up in your 'Business Settings | Shipping & Handling | Zones/Class tab'

Put in my Authorisation Key for Actinic Catalog and I am back to where I started.
                  Is this on a default site or have you imported a snapshot from a previous version?
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

Right in the zone class tables it says

CLASS PROPERTIES
                    Name = Second Class Packet
                    Description = Royal Mail Second Class (2-3 Days)

Available online & offline both ticked.

Free Shipping and Online Class Order both unticked.

I have now re-installed the program on another PC in the office. Installed as an evaluation version of business.

With the original site it is OK
                    With my snapshot it is OK

If I log out and then log in and select to evaluate catalog it no longer works on my snapshot.

If I log in, register and re install the original files that I had taken a snapshot of it is all ok again.

It appears to only be my snapshot on a registered version of Catalog that is creating a problem.

Comment

Is the country that you have selected for the customer address in any of the shipping zones set in the 'Business Settings | Shipping & Handling | Zones/Class tab' (you need to look at the properties of a zone and not a class (a zone is the 'shipping area' (ie 'UK', 'EU', 'Rest of the world' etc))?
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood

It is set up as zones.

I have UK, North America & Rest of EU Shipping rates are based on Quantity and I have a table for each of the above.

This is set up exactly as it was in V8 and it worked ok in that version.

Comment

I'm trying to determine if the upgrade has corrupted your shipping tables. Can you confirm that if you right-click on your zones and check the properties that the correct countries are in those zones. Also that the country that you select when creating an offline order is in one of those zones. If the country that you are selecting is within a shipping zone then we will need to get your snapshot for further investigation so please call support if you have a cover contract or register a support request here.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

This has finally been sorted.

In Actinic, go to;
                            Setting | Business Settings | Tax, and ensure that, and in the Tax by Location section ensure this is set to “Always Apply Taxes”

After setting as above it now works.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                            X