Embedding Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedding Music

Hi i want to embed some music onto my home page.
    I know how to embed stuff but i dont know the file locations i have this

Code:
    !!<<embed src="Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\for homepage\orientalmusic1.wav" autostart="True" loop="false" height="45" width="170">
    <noembed>Sorry, your browser doesn't support the embedding of multimedia.</noembed>
    </embed>>!!
    Can anyone help me please

Please dont do that. you'll suffer losses in your sales, and then when you come back crying, i'll say 'i told you so'.

music on sites is VERY annoying and i'm not the only one that thinks that.

Its for that reason that I cannot help you put music on your site.

Comment

Unfortunately its not my choice, its my bosses and he is adament that he has some music on the site.

Any kind soles help me out with this one

Comment

PMSL Gabe

Music is just so 90's

Comment

before you add the music, do you or the site owners have a license to do this?

A license will be needed for certain media types so best check this out first before you try and embed music...btw NOT A GOOD IDEA as stated above

...........if you must do it, place it in a player and allow the user to click play.
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

omg feller, point him to here:

http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/main.htm

your boss needs to learn more about the interwebs.

Better yet, simply implement it, and watch your bounce rate skyrocket. Go on, I dare you.

Comment

Originally posted by deansaddigh View Post
              Unfortunately its not my choice, its my bosses and he is adament that he has some music on the site.
              He pays you to design the site so it is up to you to point out this may be counter productive and lose sales... if you implement and the site bombs it will be your fault not his.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Walk into his office, slam your laptop down on his desk and say "look boss, either the music idea goes or I do, it's suicide to add it". If he says thanks for all your hard work over the years and puts his foot up your jacksie, then just smile and leave cos it's no good having a boss who doesn't listen.

Next he'll be asking you to get it adjusted to fit a 600x480 screen and introduce some animated gifs. Hell you could even go for a flash site and he'd have the top 3 hated items on a website ever.

Comment

actually, quicktime and wmv files are high on my list too, add those in for good measure.

In fact, quicktime supports linking on the frames of the vid. use a vid as the entrance to your page, and set the last frame as the enter button.

what is the url of your site?

Comment

Working...
                  X