Duplicate products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate products

I have around 14000 items and about 5000 of them are duplicates. Is there a way to remove the duplicates from access? if not, what do you recommend?
    thanks.

You'll need to run an SQL query against your access database.

Basic idea is:

DELETE * FROM products WHERE nProductType = 1

This is because all product duplicates in the Products table have an nProductType of 1.

Be wary of this if you are using components, attributes, choices or product specific variables as it will not delete references to these.

NOTE: Make an ActinicCatalog.mdb file before performing such an action.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I am not clear and dont understand ACCESS very much. Please explain step by step how I can do this? I really need to get rid of the extra products I have in my database. I appreciate it very much.

Comment

This may not be a simple thing to do. As Fergus mentioned just removing the duplicates may not remove all the references to any components and attributes etc.

You can explore another method of exporting the catalog and then deleting all product lines whose product references contain ! (an exclamation mark), then importing the catalog again overwriting the original.

To do this you would need to be conversant with Actinic's hierarchical import exporting.

If you're not aquainted with this then you may need to hire someone to do it for you as you could easily mess up your database if you don't do it correctly.

Comment

There are no components and attributes etc.
          you still think the best way is exporting it first? OR since you know that there are no components and attributes there is a better easier way in access?

Comment

It would be better to mark them as purged in access and then remove them using housekeeping / purge catalog as this will tidy up all relevant tables nicely. However if you are not used to access, as Duncan said, hire someone, they should be able to talk you through how to do it or send you a program to do it.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X