Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retail/Whoelsale Website

Hi,

We are in the process of setting up a sister site to our current website http://www.mashers.co.uk which is to be focusing on wholesale products .
    To avoid double maintenance and SEO problems we are now playing with the idea of creating accounts for customers wanting to buy wholesale.

Is there way of enabling users who are logged in, to see certain sections? I.e. logged in users can use a catalogue with wholesale items, non logged in users see the regular catalogue?

Thanks
    www.mashers.co.uk - Party And Catering Disposables

Hi,

You can hide products from certain customer groups by unticking the 'Product Visible' box next to the relevant group on the 'Prices' tab of a product. However, to hide certain sections you would need to follow:

Can I have sections in my store that only certain registered customers can see? They should only be visible within specific customer groups.

or

Can I bounce unregistered customers out of sections
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:51 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey, your second link isn't working. (You have a double http:// in the URL)
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Thanks Darren, I've edited my post so it works now.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi TraceyG

Thank you for that useful info.

If we would keep it simple and avoid the logins, is there a way of having 2 buttons available for visitors. Button 1 would activate wholesale prices Button 2 would activate retail prices across the whole site?

Effectively customers would see the same products but the price would differ depending on whether they are shopping for wholesale or retail.

Thanks again
          www.mashers.co.uk - Party And Catering Disposables

Comment

Originally posted by dovroc View Post

If we would keep it simple and avoid the logins, is there a way of having 2 buttons available for visitors. Button 1 would activate wholesale prices Button 2 would activate retail prices across the whole site?
            I don't see a way of doing it as Actinic cannot store two different prices for one product without logging in and what would stop anyone from looking at both prices and just ordering the cheapest. I think you would have to use customer accounts.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

You could create varying quantities using the product options for each item and reduce the per item price as you see fit:
              • 1 = £1
              • 5 = £4
              • 10 = £7

Another option would be two have "Wholesale" and "Retail" as you Top Level Sections.

Then have you site sections beneath, you would obviously be duplicating Section and Product Names, but as long as your section page names are different you won't have a problem.

Vary the description at product level, which will help you from a SE standpoint and prevent you from being penalised for duplicate content.

For pricing, enter your retail price as normal, but on the wholesale side of things you could create quantities of 5, 10, 15, etc as a product option and assign a price against each one.

You could then link to the wholesale or retail product using the related products option or edit the layout yourself.

This may not be the cleanest/best/least complicated solution, but may be worth thinking about, if you don't want to go down the login road.

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi. I have done the first fix to lock unregistered customers out of a section and I have set it up so the link takes them straight to the login page. But once they have logged in they cannot get out of that page with the new code on. This is the best solution for my problem so it would be good to get it fixed.

Comment

Can you post the URL?

Comment

Trade Area

The URL is: http://www.classiccanes.co.uk/acatalog/test/

If you go to the trade area then place an order you have to login

Comment

Trade area

I have just done some work on the site so I have reverted it back to what it was. When you login in after clicking on Place an order in the trade area, if you click on selling walking sticks for example it stays on the place an order page and you can't navigate through the site then.

Comment

I wouldn't leave your email address intact in post #10..........

(or in #11)

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                        X