Text alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text alignment

I'm trying to get some fragment text to align at the bottom of a layout that uses a background image. The code I'm using is as follows:

Code:
    <div style="width: 755px; height: 299px; background: url('<actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileName" />') no-repeat; margin-bottom: 10px;">
    <div style="width: 755px; height: 299px; vertical-align: bottom; font: 21px/0.9 Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; color: #999;"><actinic:variable Name="FragmentText"/></div>
    </div>

I've also tried vertical-align: text-bottom; and vertical-align: bottom; but they don't make any difference.

This image illustrates what I'm trying to do - any ideas, anyone? (I'm a CSS non-wizard!).

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Vertical align on a div doesn't do as you'd think. You can either convert to a table or use padding-top: 200px; adjusting the 200px to suit how far down you actually want it to start.

Comment

Cheers, Lee, I can't use the padding-top method because the client will want to change the quantity of text from time to time so it'll have to be the table. Thanks anyway!
      ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X