Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Question

Hi,
    I have a list of my product sections on the left of the homepage, my problem is when the site was designed they link to a small page of information that then includes a link to the merchandise.
    What I want to do is link straight from the homepage sections to the merchandise and cut out the middle page.
    Im not sure where to change the links though
    Any Pointers?
    Rob

A URL would help us understand your set up.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

www.abovenbeyondworld.co.uk

Youll see when you click a show title it goes to a mini information page with a link to merchandise, id like to bypass that page and go straight to the merchandise

Rob

Comment

This is due to the structure of the products on your site and may have been done to benefit SEO.

You can change this but you will need to decide what you want to do with the 'information' pages first.

You could for example move the products from the child section into their parent section (which is the infomation' page you refer to) and then delete the empty child section. That would mean you still see the information but the products would be on the same page but below it.

I think you first need to consider what draws your visitors and what they want to see and then what site structure you want.

Comment

I, personally, would have the News & Cast pages as brochure pages and then link to those pages from your product layout.

The main aim of your site is to sell product? So deciding to reduce the amount of clicks your visitors have to make is a wise move IMO.

I do think you need to look at you product tiltes though. You have parent sections titled after the TV show, Buffy The Vampire Slayer for instance, but the merchandise section is just called "Buffy" and the link to it "Merchandise".

I would have the link and Page Name/Title "Buffy The Vampire Slayer Merchandise" or similar as I'm sure people will be searhcing for that?

Additionally, the actually product have very little information, unless I click on the title (which isn't obvious) then the extended info page opens up full of content. Which is great, except there is no navigation on that page.

If that page gets indexed and presented in a set of search results visitors will have no way of buying it or navigating away from that page...

Feeling frustrated they will leave and you'll have lost a sale.

If you're going to use Ext. Info pages get some navigation on there and a buy button. Take a look in the AUG and Knowledge Base.

Have a read of this too: Single or Multi Product Pages

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
          X