Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products and Catagories

Hi there

Perhaps you can tell me if Actinic can do this I do hope so.

Say I have a product in the category Boys Halloween Costumes and I also want that product to show up in Halloween (as this is a category in it's own right as well) is that possible in Actinic I am using Version 9.

Look up product duplicates in the Help menu.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thats great worked a treat now the next question how Do I put the text below the image of each category as can be seen here for some reason it's all over the place

Comment

Check Section Link Layout. Edit: Note, that the layout you are using for the sub-sections on that page has class="image_product" that makes it float left which is making the text wrap.
        Last edited by peblaco; 07-Oct-2010, 05:35 PM. Reason: amendment
        Peblaco

Comment

Please forgive my stupidity but that sounded a wee bit greek to me I have not got a clue what you just said there to me about the image floating to the left

If you tell me how to fix it I'd happily give that a go and hope for the best LOL

Comment

What is the section link layout? And are you able to click on it and choose an alternative layout which may give the look you require?.
            Peblaco

Comment

I managed to do that in that section. Thank you peblaco you are amazing.

Comment

You might be able to answer this question as well how come everytime I upload the site to the server I get this message.

A page named 'C:\Documents and Settings\philip\My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\bigbargaincompany\SiteHTML\info_EF_2026.html' has already been generated for the extended info page 'EF-2029'. The same page name is used for the extended info page 'EF-2026' and therefore the previously created page will be overwritten.

Do you wish to continue the upload?

I still upload the site though.

Here is another thing I only have time to put up my halloween costumes at present so how do I make all the other Categorie Links that I have no products in so far go nowhere normally you put a # at the end of a link and it goes nowhere but how do I do that in Actinic.

Starting to get used to it a bit lol

Comment

Hi there

I am in content tree do a click on the category that I do not want to show and do not see hide anywhere if I right or left click. Told you I was stupid LOL

Comment

Its not on a right or left click, its a checkbox on the section settings, explore the tabs, think its on the main one off the top of my head.

Comment

Hi there

I found it thank you but now the left hand side of the site looks so bare as only one category is showing up it used to be with links in sites if you added the # symbol the link went nowhere but the categories stayed there just looked good on the eye.

But I suppose this software has certain restrictions

Thank you for all your help I am in no doubt that I will be on again in the next few days asking more advice.

Comment

As you may of noticed I have posted some questions today but it seems I have sorted out the problems for now I hope.

But thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
                        X