X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Problems with nav bar blacked out

Hi,

I did a stupid thing
    I was trialling V10 separately and imported a snapshot from V9 and totally forgot it would bring the settings over, so when I uploaded to the trial site, it uploaded to my live site! Yes derbrain I know!

I tried to upload the correct V9 site back again, but it left bits of V10 up there, so I did a purge & refresh and even manually deleted the catalog and cgi bin files from my hosting and refreshed, but it has left me with a blackened nav bar plus the buttons on the checkout from V10. I can live with the buttons as they are better, but the black nav bar will lose me customers.

When I view from my mobile, safari and firefox all is fine, but in IE8 it's not. Actinic told me all is fine and even sent a screenshot of IE8 showing this and I thought it maybe my pc (although I cleared the cache & did a clean on that too). However, someone on the forum has informed me they are getting the black nav bar, although I don't know yet what browser they were using.

Can anyone else see it? http://www.postapresent.co.uk
    If so, any suggestions on how to get rid?

Thanks,

Stupid stupid stupid!!!
    Helen
    www.postapresent.co.uk
    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Looks fine to me in FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE8
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply. These things are always a worry especially as sales have dropped the last few days.

It's bugging me why I can see it on my IE8 but I may have a windows issue and perhaps it's affecting my browser.

Cheers
      Helen
      www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

No problems for me either.
        Try clearing the cache again and then pressing CTRL-F5 to reload the page in the browser.

Comment

Everytime I pressed the refresh button it didn't resolve it, but after trying your suggestion ctrl F5 it has finally cleared it and yes it looks fine!

Hooray thanks very much - seems like I defo have a windows problem as I have same issue with sleep mode - won't work from menu only keypad.

Not sure how the other guy got the black bar tho as they went straight to the corrected site so couldn't have cached the old version

I can go do my Tesco shop now and feed the family (bummer!) x
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, that was another leftover from the V10 upgrade. It should be like the Shop Sections header pale blue & white.

I've done another refresh and it looks almost ok now on my pc now in IE8 & Firefox, but please let me know if you still see it in the dark. Can you see the nav bar clear now?

Thanks a lot for all your input.
            Helen
            www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X