Add to cart button not working... and other problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart button not working... and other problems

I'm developping my third Actinic site and have tried to be a little more creative this time with the product layouts but I seem to have generated some problems.

Actinic have helped as much as they are willing under their remit but because the errors seem to be caused by the design changes they can't help me further. Can anyone else? Heres a brief description of the errors :

Site is based on mini product listing pages linking each product to its extended page - of which there is just one design layout. Mini products have an add to cart button and quantity box which works just fine.

1) On random extended pages on the live site, the quantity box disappears and the add to cart button doesn't work. Actinic's solution to this was to delete and undelete the product in question and refresh the site. problems with this : a) the error would pop up elsewhere, b) deleting and undeleting removed all the related products for that product...

2) There are 2 or 3 products which we have as single products in a category which don't need an extended page. I created a new layout for these so that they would look like the extended page design - again, these lose the quantity box and the add to cart button doesn't work.

3) NONE of the product add to cart or quantity boxes work on Safari. The errors above are intermittent on Firefox and IE9. On iPad the site tries to resize to fit the length of the page not the width making it very small, but I think this is a css issue.

4) Actinic is very very slow to load design views, products etc and when I upload the site it tells me that there are sometimes 30 sometimes 56 coding errors. Actinic said that they could be ignored as what they did fixed the problem. But seems it hasn't.

The site is still on test at http://shop.trailzilla.com. examples of the problem can be seen by clicking on one of the special offer listings or from any other category page (which are not supposed to have add to cart buttons on the home page so those are ok.)

Happy to upload the code etc if it helps diagnose the problem

I know I've caused this issue but we really like the design and just want to find a way to make it work. Any help is very gratefully received.

You may have incorrect tags in the product layouts. Or a variable that shouldn't be used at that level or variables missing. You are using AddThis, see: here.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I've attached a screen grab of the error messages

What I struggle with is the fact that these variables all appear in other Extended page layouts both in the actinic basic layouts and in other extended pages I have on other sites.

Also interesting is that I know there is a Javascript error relating to a banner ad I tried to include that does not appear in the list when you run the coding error search on all pages but does show up when you look a page that uses the banner in a layout. I'm going to remove this banner anyway, but these problems seem to come and go.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again, i'll have another look at it but I did base the Single Extended Product Page on the Includes Add to Cart extended layout using Actinic's own instruction manual from their course, and that original layout does feature the Section Page Name and Default Quantity variables.

perhaps its something else interferring with them.

Comment

thanks for the tip on the AddThis feature - sorted some of my speed issues! Forgot this would be pulling info from the web all the time. D'oh.

Comment

Working...
          X