refresh deleted my actinic icons windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

refresh deleted my actinic icons windows 8

Can anyone help me please its diaster my windows 8 kept logging me out of desktop so I pressed refresh thinking it would only alter errors but when restarted windows all my new icons were gone including thunderbird, chrome and most important Actinic 9 . The files are all there but there is nothing ot open it iwth

Do I reed to reinstal Actinic I seem ot have only version 8 disc meaning I possiblyupgraded online ???

I need tosort thiso ut as I aim to go on holidayo on thursday

NOTE All deleted programme seem to apear in a explorer icon

You don't need to reinstall the Actinic if the programs are still there then you can access them. It reads as if you have no icons showing on the desktop so first thing to check is if they are hidden, try right clicking on the Desktop > View > Show Desktop Icons.
    Peblaco

Comment

I wish it were that simple the refresh on Windows 8 removed all the programmes the files are still there

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
        You don't need to reinstall the Actinic if the programs are still there then you can access them. It reads as if you have no icons showing on the desktop so first thing to check is if they are hidden, try right clicking on the Desktop > View > Show Desktop Icons.
        I have now reinstalled actinic v 8 how do i get back to version 9 >>
        I did it without a disk last time

ps o have tried systme restore about a dozen times and it throws up an error every time so i given up on restoring before my refresh I warn everyone do not refresh on window 8 !!!!!! seriously

Comment

Working...
        X