Perl guru required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perl guru required.

I'm trying to set up a system that will only display one affiliate programs tracking code at a time on the reciept page and also log details of sales in our own (separate to actinic)database. The only way I can figure out to do this is to set a cookie when the user lands on our site with the relevant affiliate program name (a cookie called ReferedBy with a value of affwin, or tradedoubler etc).

The receipt page is requested by the secpay server from our server and then served to the customer, so I can't access the cookie from the reciept page (I think), so I want to access the cookie from the secpay script (OCCSecPayScriptTemplate) and then pass the detail as a variable in the URL. When I try to do this I get horrible error messages such as

"Error executing the on-line credit card plug-in script. Global symbol "$cookies" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 58. Global symbol "@allcookies" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 59."

What do I need to do to this perl script so I don't get these messages and so that I can pass the cookie details in the URL?

I know this is not supported by actinic, so no need to tell me.

I've now solved this, I'd not declared my variables and as use strict was in place I was getting errors, have now declared tha variables using my() and all is working as I expected.
    Last edited by steveaich; 17-Oct-2005, 10:12 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
    Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
    http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk
Working...
X