Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with shipping configuration

Help!

I'm trying and failling to configure shipping in Actinic Catalog...

We want to charge 2.25 for shipping on orders below 30.00, and free over that. Also, if you order one or more of a special group of bulky products, we want to add an extra 3.50 charge.

I did look in the knowledge base, and found this article:

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...00.html#aCD273

which nearly does it - but the problem with this for us is that if you order (say) three bulky products, we only want to make the extra charge once.

I'd be really grateful for any clever ideas about this...

- Dave

I would suggest making the Surcharge Optional and clearly marking it to inform customers if added once not to select it with another product that has the option.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I appreciate the interest. I guess we can do it like that, but it would be nice to have it all automatic. I guess I'll be descending into perl hell again...

- Dave

Comment

Obviously totally dependent on what your products are but it may be worth looking at adding a small amount to the price of the bulky products to cover the additional handling - that will then keep the shipping very simple and you can then heavily promote the excellent shipping rates.

Seeing surcharges in a cart is always risking alienating users. If they can see upfront spend £30.00 and it is shipped free that is a good incentive to spend a little more to "save" on the shipping costs.

Your products / service may not allow for the increase in cost price. Food for thought though.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X