Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a variable for "Warn If Below"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a variable for "Warn If Below"?

The boss wants to see a message (displayed on the website) on each product whose stock level falls below the "Warn If Below" setting. Something to the effect of, "Closeout Item! There are only NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL of this item remaining!" (Each of the products have different warn if below settings)

I've looked around most of the documentation and don't see any variable for this that can be used in the product area. I'm hoping I missed something and someone can direct me to the appropriate variable - or, an alternative approach to reach the above result.

Regards,
    Kristin Amaro.

Rather than clutter your website with text that will mean nothing to a visitor, can you not run a stock report from the available reports provided? Jan at mole end probably has something to offer you also. Upgrading to V8 is another possoibility to as you can have much more control on items such as this.

Comment

Kristin - my response to the post below (thread #4):

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24593

might be of some use - however it returns a piece of text based on the stock level, not the warn below level

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

To address leehack's comment - what may seem like "clutter" is actually not for the purposes of this particular intra-company store. Also, it seems to me that the reports you are referring to can only be run within Actinic, which does not help the users of the store.

Thanks, Mark H for your post as well....the code you point to is what I currently have in place and it working great - unfortunately, those in charge want the "warn if below" number.

Can someone confirm my suspicion that there is no "warn if below" variable available (or do I need to pursue that from another place - i.e. open a support ticket)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Amaro
          The boss wants to see a message (displayed on the website) on each product whose stock level falls below the "Warn If Below" setting. Something to the effect of, "Closeout Item! There are only NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL of this item remaining!"
          I read this as you wanting on each product a message which says:

"Closeout Item! There are only (x) number of this item remaining!"

That to a visitor would be confusing, what the hell does "Closeout Item" mean? It appeared to me that you wanted this message on your website, so staff could see when an item is close to going out of stock, that was what i am referring to. If this was for customers, then "estimated stock in hand - (x)" is far more useful IMO.

Having said that if this is for an intra-store, and "Closeout Item" means something to the visitors, then i understand. As you never mentioned it being an intra store, it seemed logical to presume that this was a normal store.

I was trying to explain that you do not need to run something on the website itself, so that staff can see any stock problems, this can be done within actinic itself via a report and never needs to be on the website.

There have been some very good new options available in V8 on this subject, giving you great control on items such as this, if V7 doesn't give you what you are looking for, take a look at V8 as i'm sure it can be achieved with that.

Comment

Keep your hair on Lee - closeout is an American term (as in www.closeout.com) - Kristin is American.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Baseball, Apple Pie & Daddy's Chevrolet....I confess, I'm as American as they come.

Thanks to you both for chiming in...looks like I'm out of luck.

Cheers!
              k

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H
                Keep your hair on Lee.
                Think you read it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X