Data From Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jont
    Cool ... I am going to store all my valuables inside my old beige 286 desktop!
    Did you see The Riches on Virgin1? They keep all their fake IDs in a dummy TV with removable screen. Looked very convincing too - until the burglers decide they will take in a show.

Originally posted by pinbrook
    what are they after, bentleybloke? laptops? or other hardware?
    Well, they took the digital camera leaving the charger and leads. About 3k of new Snapon tools and the petty cash tin. I guess they left the pcs because they couldn't carry much more and make it back over the 10' palisade fence.

Two other properties adjacent to mine have been broken into since and had tools stolen.

Comment

For serious backups usable in a disaster-recovery scenario may I recommend:

PC data backed up to a RAID NAS device - we use Acronis to create backups and a RAID5 Buffalo Terastation to hold them. These are so cheap these days it's mad not to have one to do basic fileserving and manage backups.

We then have daily offsite backups using, for example JungleDisk - backs up gigabytes of stuff to Amazon's S3 service for peanuts. Keep hundreds of versions online. We send the Actinic sales database there three times a day.
      http://www.jungledisk.com/

We also have a VPN link to our home office PC via the hardware VPN facilities built into our Zyxel ADSL routers, so we copy critical stuff there as well every night. The home PC is loaded and ready to go with all the data, software and stuff we need to run the business if every piece of equipment at the office simultaneously went down in an irrecoverable manner due to fire, flood, etc.

All backups are encrypted using GPG: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard

Any serious business should really have a similar setup. Snapshots on pen drives don't fill me with much confidence.

Cheers,
      simon
      Cult Pens

Comment

Hope!

Hi
        We think we have found an older back up!!! We had all our software nicked too! so we have dowloaded actinic from the support site but are now working on vista so also dowloaded the V7.07 patch. When we try to open actinic we are getting an error message 'unable to locate the database for the seleted site the site will remain unchanged' I am being really thick? Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
        REgards
        Naomi

Comment

Please ignore previous message we have sorted it! Thanks for all your help!
          Naomi

Comment

Working...
          X