Affiliate Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliate Scheme

Does anyone run an affiliate scheme with their actinic software? If so you might be able to help.

At the level of business I am talking about its not really worth subscribing to an external company to run the scheme for me, so I was planning to write some basic code myself, and end up with all the affiliate orders in an access database where I can run the reports I need. So, all I want is a list containing order number, date, amount (ideally only prods and not delivery, but I'll take what I can get) and the affiliate ID.

So how do I do it in the simplest way?

I can create links that use referrer.pl to contain an affiliate ID and that should come through in the order, although the links do look a bit complicated for affiliates to use. I guess I can then access the orders table and extract it from there.

But, I was reading the section in the AUG (p63) on supporting an affiliate program and they show examples going to an outside company - they log just the amount and order ID. I wondered if I could rite a log.asp routine that takes the info and writes it into an access table that I can then download. However, they don't seem to use the affiliate ID anywhere and I would have thought that this was necessary for an affiliate scheme.

So, several questions here -

1) does anyone run an afiil scheme and if so, how do they do it.
    2)Should I just use referrer.pl and extract the affil id from the actinic orders database?
    3) Is the affiliate ID available in a netquotevar to send to a logging routine in the way the AUG describes?
    4) Can I get users to tell me who referred them using a dropdown list box and store that information somewhere - ideally so it comes down in the orders download

Any help appreciated, I'm nearly there now and once I've sorted this out I will be launching soon.

Cheers

David
    <DIV align=left><strong><FONT color=#800080>David
    Fitzpatrick</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
    <DIV align=left>
    <HR align=left width="50%">
    </DIV><DIV align=left><font face="Bookman Old Style" color="#800080" size=3>Travel health products for the
    adventurous traveller</FONT><p><font face="Bookman Old Style" color="#800080">
    <a href="http://www.travelclinic.biz">www.travelclinic.biz</a></font></DIV>
Working...
X