Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v7 on Parallels

Hello, hoping someone can help...

We're trying to use actinic v7 using Parallels as a platform on our Mac - so we can finally get rid of our little old pc once & for all...

The problem is, when we try and upload onto the website it goes through all the checking and sending files, but then comes to a standstill when it tries to send the base files. Then it says that the connection timed out.

Also, when you try to send an email to a client it comes up with a box stating:
    "Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

But the configuration is all correct as far as we can see & apparently there's no problem with the ftp & log in details. An Actinic support guy said that something on the Mac was probably blocking the upload - but the Mac's firewall is set to allow all connections... Don't know what else could be blocking it?

The wierd thing is we can still retrieve orders.

Can anyone give us any advice? I've seen on other threads that people are using Actinic on Parallels/Bootcamp etc. without any problems...

Please make any advice simple!

Many thanks in advance

Lesley & Lucy

Try to confirm a web connection exists, by opening a browser in your VM.

If you open the web and everything works, and you can FTP to your site from inside the VM, then you should be able to get to the outside world from the Actinic Catalog running there,

If not, then I suggest re-installing the VM tools that load the appropriate drivers, for your virtual lan card.

Comment

what exactly do you mean by 'FTP to your site from inside the VM'? And what are the VM tools. Sorry we are 2 girls that really don't know what we're doing but we're desperate to get it working. if there's any way we could talk to you on the phone, we would be so grateful as we keep on crying. if this is possible then we'll send an email with our phone no. If not, do you know anyone in London/Sunbury on Thames who could come and sort this out for us?
      lesley & lucy

Comment

lol @ the damsels in distress, how can he refuse? As his social events organiser, i can confirm he will be at the cock inn at around 730pm tomorrow, can you make it, bring your laptop if so.

Comment

forget about the fact its parrallels... its a red herring.

as you say
          The wierd thing is we can still retrieve orders.

The problem is, when we try and upload onto the website it goes through all the checking and sending files, but then comes to a standstill when it tries to send the base files. Then it says that the connection timed out.

Also, when you try to send an email to a client it comes up with a box stating:
          "Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."
          concentrate on the above quote, search the community on this error message - as its a common one, make a list of the potential solutions and work through them one by one. When you've done this, report back telling us what you have tried and how it went

Comment

Actinic and Mac firewall

You've probably got this sorted out by now as it's an old thread, but for the benefit of anyone else reading this... I had exactly the problem as described and simply de-activated my Mac OSX firewall and the problem was solved. I re-activated it immediately my Actinic upload was complete (of course!). I can download orders with the Mac firewall on but only upload the site with it off.

Comment

Working...
            X