Finding a hard coded piece of text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a hard coded piece of text

I have two lines of hard coded text on a shopping cart page which i would like to change.

I have found on in Act_ProductLine.html but cannot find the other to save my life.

I have tried opening every html file in Site1 ans searching for the text string and editing all the incidences of it but when I Refresh the site it is overwritten. I am stumped I'm afraid.

the text is on http://www.nitmix.com/acatalog/nitmix.html

it is the line (Excluding: VAT at 20%)

Can anyone suggest where I have missed this

Thanks

Brilliant answer and sorry I lost track of that enquiry, I didn't subscribe to it correctly by the look of it.

The clue should have been that I couldn't find that text as it is made up of combined variables.

If I select variable prices according to quantity ordered that tax postscript is appended to each line making the page very cluttered. I think I need to remove it from the template any maybe add it to the hard coded comment underneath so it only appaers once.

Thanks for your patience

Comment

Hmm I thought I could remove NETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE from Act_ProductPrice.html and add it to Act_ProductLine.html but it won't render the output correctly.

If I can sus this last step out I will be very happy!

Comment

Thanks for that insight, from the manual it reads as if NETQUOTEVAR are globally defiened variables that can be used widely throughout the template system.

Would it be feasible to create a Custom Variable containing the same data and then use that?

Comment

Working...
        X