This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March '09 update - Repost

Apologies for the double post, we seem to be having a problem with the community with threads going AWOL.

Welcome to the first of what I would like to be a regular update into the inner workings of what is going on at Actinic.

I would like to thank you all for your feedback, for the moment we will go with a sticky forum post however I am happy to review this in a couple of weeks. What is important here is you get a good understanding of where we are at and what we are planning. I will sticky and lock the thread to keep its relevance, however please feel free to comment in the supporting post, you can also email me directly bdyer (at) actinic.co.uk and I will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.

Starting off with development. Following the launch of v9.0.3 late last year it’s been a very busy time for the team. As you all know we have dedicated a lot of effort into improving the upload performance as well as various bug fixes. We took the decision to put these features into our Business and Catalog versions first. The next task was to port the features as well as a few other improvements over to Enterprise, our flagship product. This project has now completed and we are pleased to have a full product range making use of the features such as compressed and multi-threaded upload.
    We have also been working very hard on the next v9 maintenance release, v9.0.4.

v9.0.4 includes over 70 bug fixes including a number of user submitted issues, including:

# A issue that caused Actinic to hang during upload
    # Issues causing crashes on upload and dmp errors
    # Images are deleted when the site is updated
    # The same invoice number is used for two different invoices
    # % of items shown as shipped is not correct
    # Cannot take payment for some back-orders when using Actinic Payments
    # Orders that are fully shipped are not completing
    # Selectors have incorrect range values
    # Crash when adding a php based condition to the library
    # Orders do not decrypt after changing User Type in Business Plus / Enterprise
    # Unselected optional components added to cart

Another exciting element coming into v9.0.4 is a fantastic integration with the anti fraud tool “The Third Man”. This will allow you the merchant to get an immediate traffic light risk check for all orders processed through Actinic Payments. We are especially pleased at the level of integration as this can be done direct from the payment page. This feature also allows the merchant to feedback on transactions. The below screenshots should give you a taste:

Third Man reporting is free to all Actinic Payments customers.

We anticipate v9.0.4 will be available for beta testing in the coming weeks. If you would like to take part you can subscribe by emailing v9.beta (at) actinic.co.uk.

V10 is a project that is beginning to take shape; once v9.0.4 leaves the showroom we expect to focus on getting the release out. V10 will feature a number of heavily requested wish list items as well at Real Time Stock and improvements to our checkout process. I will continue to update you on progress in the coming months.

In February the latest v3 EPOS maintenance release was made available. This release contained a 14 field reported fixes.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?
Working...
X