Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a tutorial/manual for Actinic CSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a tutorial/manual for Actinic CSS?

Hi folks

I've just upgraded from Actinic Developer 7 to Actinic 8 Business Multisite. I'm going to be creating a new company website from scratch in v8 but apart from a bit of basic CSS experience (I understand what it's for and how to format a CSS file) I'm not sure how it works in Actinic 8.

Is there a guide anywhere that explains where the CSS tools are in Actinic 8 and when to edit them and how they apply to the various parts of the site?

Thanks

Graham
    Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Is there a guide anywhere that explains where the CSS tools are in Actinic 8 and when to edit them and how they apply to the various parts of the site?
    The simple answer is NO - most designers scrap them and create thier own from scratch. If you search the forum tier is lots of info about the style sheet and some bits about what various parts do but its a bit of a mess TBH IMO.

Comment

The CSS file is nothing short of horrific IMO, if anything the people that built that need a tutorial. If you want to learn CSS, there are thousands of sites and tutorials which can teach you. Actinic CSS is just CSS, so don't look for anything actinic orientated, just look for the best CSS lessons you can find.

The only slight difference with actinic CSS is that it uses variables at times to fill in the values, this is the one massive plus of the actinic CSS.

Comment

if anything the people that built that need a tutorial
        All 57 of them

Comment

Working...
        X