Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attributes, Choices & Permutations...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributes, Choices & Permutations...help!

Hi,

I'm a little bit stuck and wonder if anyone knows the answer to this one?

We currently use actinic business 8.5.2 with our stock managed in Actinic EPOS 2.92.

Every one of our products is listed separately as required for reordering and sales in the shop. I.e. Red Recorder, Blue Recorder & Purple Recorder would be 3 separate products rather than simply Recorders.

At present we use the associated products option in permutations which we are finding restrictive. We can live with the hidden products side of things but have 2 main issues with this...

1. We can't find an easy way to get the product to display the correct price for each item option. the only way that I cna find is to have the drop-down box with a +£... or -£... which really isn't ideal.

2. We are now selling many products which have 2 or 3 attributes which means as they are associated with individual products we are having to make them into a big long list of choices... I.e. for Coloured Violins we have 12 choices in the list as there are 3 colours and 4 sizes. (Thankfully all of these are the same price!).

We need to keep the stock control working so each option must remain associated with the relevant product.

However in some cases because we have different prices we're ending up with 6 separate products with 3 choices each. I.e. individual violin strings... each string is a different price so it's set up as a different product with the choice of Medium Gauge, Dolce or Forte. A grid would be better but I don't believe this will work with the different prices being clearly displayed (including VAT where applicable) and the stock associated with the relevant product.

Does anyone know if a solution exists to these problems?

I've searched the forums and can find snippets of info but no real answers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David
Working...
X