Sub Section Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
    If I've read it correctly, you just want to remove 'Welcome' from the 2nd menu. Would the following condition help:

Code:
    <actinic:variable name="SectionLevel" /> > 1

He He,

Thanks

All this trawling through code and its one simple condition.

Thanks.

Is there any way i can get this working in a list layout so that i can use the:
    "First Item" - "Middle Rows" bit on the list layout tab to enable a slash to be entered only when needed (there is one to many slashes)

Just noticed that if I now create another level of navigation, it shows them too, i take it that i need to create another "section level is less than the next group

Hmm

Will have a work around and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Dan
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

Dan - may be worth index.html protecting the testsite folder as your other clients sites are open for general browsing at the moment.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        Dan - may be worth index.html protecting the testsite folder as your other clients sites are open for general browsing at the moment.
        Cheers, its not too much of a problem as sites in the testsites folder are either outdated "testsites" or live anyway.

Im in the process of making a client login area but need to get this site design done first.

Thanks

Comment

Hmm, this works great until you add another level of sections.

Surely there is an easy way of displaying sibling sections regardless of sectionlevel...

(I bet its really simple...)

Dan

Comment

Im fed up!

I've just spent the last half hour searching the forum and cant find anything to do with displaying sibling sections or even how to reference the parent section.

SURELY there is a parent id variable or something.

Can someone advise or even point me in the direction of a variable list.

Dan

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid that I can only point you to my original posting in this thread. I think that should do what you want it to do.

Can someone advise or even point me in the direction of a variable list.
              Help | Variable Reference Guide
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I have used the guidelines above to create my section list. I have managed to have my section and sub-section appear beneath when entering that department so to speak. I think I know the answer but can someone tell me how may sections/sub-sections I can drill down with this method. I currently have two working, but I’d really like three!

Unfortunately, none of this is on a test site yet and so I’ll try to describe the scenario as best I can. On clicking on: “Section 1” it displays “Section1 – Chapter 1”, “Section1 – Chapter 2”, “Section1 – Chapter 3” etc beneath eg:

Section 1
                - Section1 – Chapter 1
                - Section1 – Chapter 2
                - Section1 – Chapter 3

but is it possible to drill down to another sub-section beneath Chapter 1 eg

Section 1
                - Section1 – Chapter 1
                > Section1 – Chapter 1A
                > Section1 – Chapter 1B
                > Section1 – Chapter 1C

- Section1 – Chapter 2
                > Section1 – Chapter 2A
                > Section1 – Chapter 2B
                > Section1 – Chapter 2C

My products are contained in Chapter 2A etc. I am sorry for the terrible description & I’ll try to get something on a test site to demonstrate it a lot better than I’ll ever describe it.

In short… how many sub-sections can be displayed in the top level section list using the ‘sectionnumber’ variable

Any help much appreciated, thanks

Lucy

Comment

In short… how many sub-sections can be displayed in the top level section list using the ‘sectionnumber’ variable
                  There is no limit but you may want to add some more block if's to display a different bullet point for each section level.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

I am trying this with Brochure Pages

Hi

I modified the code to this

<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3e%3d%200%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSearchInterfaceUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False%29" >
                    <actinic:block type="BrochurePagesList" >
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionNumber%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%2098" >
                    <div class="indented1"> <a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="BrochureName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="BrochurePageLink" /></actinic:block>
                    <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ></actinic:block>
                    " >
                    &nbsp;&nbsp; <actinic:variable name="BrochureName" />
                    </a></div>
                    </actinic:block>

To show a second menu for brochure pages on my new site.. see the test one here at http://www.pinkequine.eu.

Although the links do show up correctly when you click on the link its not taking you to the right location as all these pages are stored in the http://www.pinkequine.eu/acatalog whereas the link is looking for the page in http://www.pinkequine.eu.

I am stuck and don't know how to change it so that it includes the acatalog part in the link or is it just I have done the code wrong.. any help would be much appreciated.
                    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

You may have borked the basehref, check that first.

Comment

Both parts of your link go to brochure name, if you don't link to a page name it will never work, hover over the link and pay attention to the target URL, you will see no ".html" included, thus you are not linking to the page name.

Comment

Ahh

Ahh I see now, sometimes you look at things so hard you just cant see the answer staring into your face.

Thanks for spotting that, its saved me a major headache! P.S You were dead right about designing from scratch. I really have learned so much.. clearly not everything but a lot.

Comment

Thanks Lee - all done

All fixed now.. in case anyone wants it, the line of code I put in to display the brochure pages was

<actinic:block type="BrochurePagesList" >
                            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionNumber%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%2098" >
                            <div class="indented"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22OuterBrochurePageID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BrochurePageID%22%20%2f%3e" ><a href="<actinic:variable name="BrochurePageURL" />"></actinic:block>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<actinic:variable name="BrochureName" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22OuterBrochurePageID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BrochurePageID%22%20%2f%3e"></a></actinic:block>
                            </div>

I set the section number for all brochure pages I wanted to show in the list to 98.

Comment

Working...
                            X