Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit actinic code

Hi,

I'm new to actinic and I’m only just getting my head round how things work. I have looked at a few posts/tutorials but I’m still unclear on a few things. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm using Dreamweaver cs4 and understand how to insert actinic code blocks into my page, but how do I edit that code that actinic produces. For examples if I put the shopping cart code on my page "<Actinic:Variable Name="ShoppingCartSummary"/>" then view this in my browser the code is very bloated and put together with tables, is there a way I can edit this code and style it my own way with css?

I hope this makes sense.

Originally posted by dhope View Post
    For examples if I put the shopping cart code on my page "<Actinic:Variable Name="ShoppingCartSummary"/>" then view this in my browser the code is very bloated and put together with tables, is there a way I can edit this code and style it my own way with css?

I hope this makes sense.
    You will need to edit the layouts in actinic which contain the table code and replace it with css driven code.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response, where are the layouts located in actinic?

Comment

You can access then in the DESIGN | LIBRARY or by clicking on the various areas of your pages once you have selected the design tab. Use the split view layout, you will see the code in the bottom window.

Have a jolly read of the manual and the inbuilt help, it will put you on the straight and narrow. It's all pretty simply once you understand the template system. Get familiar with site options too, an important area.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          You can access then in the DESIGN | LIBRARY or by clicking on the various areas of your pages once you have selected the design tab. Use the split view layout, you will see the code in the bottom window.

Have a jolly read of the manual and the inbuilt help, it will put you on the straight and narrow. It's all pretty simply once you understand the template system. Get familiar with site options too, an important area.
          I would also suggest you get to know the actinic list layouts as these hold code that is accessed through the orange 'click....' prompt at the top of the layout. A lot of the table code is generated in the lists.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

I see it, thank you. Should make designing a lot easier now.

One last question that I have been trying to figure out. How do you display a main navigation that shows your home, about, contact etc. I tried following the excellent sticky by TraceyG but every time I try my navigation just displays my secondary menu (my products)

My code....

" <ul>
            <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
            <actinic:block if="1" >
            <li><a href="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName"/>"><actinic:variable name='SectionName'/></a>
            </actinic:block>
            </actinic:block>
            </ul>"

Comment

That would be a brochure page navbar as opposed to a section navbar. Again you need to walk before you run and get to grips with the basics first. Couple of tutorials about both types of page on my site if you like reading.

Comment

Thanks leehack, ill have a good read through the tutorials on your site.

Comment

Hi there,
                  Yes the layout looks good now cross platform thank you. I am trying to figure out how to access the text in the fragment on the right to make it wider (see below)

http://www.healthwithoutwealth.co.uk...ioBalance.html

Have looked in the design library in actinic and seem to just be able to change the font style. Is there something I am missing here?

Comment

The width of the table is in the Settings menu unless it has been set on the table itself in the code.
                    Last edited by peblaco; 11-Nov-2009, 01:38 PM. Reason: Update
                    Peblaco

Comment

It's being restricted by a table that's 500 wide. I think it's set in the orange fragment list layout, increase it to 600 and check all browsers.

Edit: Try Louise's method first it's less messy/dangerous LOL

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Very sorry didn't realise I had posted this twice complete brain fart! Consider my wrist slapped.
                        Thanks for the hints - I tried Louises method first but nothing changed so I think it is the 500 wide table - can you please explain where the orange fragment list layout is located?

Comment

Okay having re-read the thread and looking at you page it's a product text field we're talking about isn't it, not a fragment as you described?

So Louise's option should have worked, unless of course you're not using the Product Width variable in your layout.
                          1. Back up
                          2. Click on your produt image in the Design tab.
                          3. Click on the up arrow bottomish left, until you see the text "Click here to see list layout settings" in orange text
                          4. The width should be visible in the top "Start of list" field

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Thanks a lot that's worked a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Thanks a lot that's worked a treat!
                              I think she means you Louise, I only just posted me reply LOL

Army Gore-tex
                              Winter Climbing Mitts
                              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
                              X