Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency conversion

Hi folks
    I’m hoping that somebody can confirm or clarify a couple of things for me please?

We are currently looking at our options regarding the US market and whether to go to the trouble of setting up a mirror image site in USD; I assume this would also require a new merchant account in the states, probably hosting in the states and another workstation over here to process the orders (and obviously a new domain and loss of seo benefit) – all to display the dollar price of an item to a customer from end to end.

The other option (and the one we are leaning towards for the short to medium term) is Norman’s Norprice plug-in, but I’m trying to get my head around when the currency conversion actually comes into effect and who actually is responsible? I spoke to Actinic and they weren’t 100% sure but were leaning towards the customers own bank or credit card setting the conversion rate (so in effect one customer could end up paying more dollars for an item than another ordering at the same time) Does anybody know if I am reading this correctly? If I am does anybody have experience in the real world of what the approximate margin of error is between the dollar prices shown on the website (using Norprice) and what the customer eventually pays on their credit card? So if a customer is shown a total order price of USD$200 on the site then they go through to enter their card details in Actinic Payments (which I understand will now show the GBP price for the first time) is the price paid only liable to change by a couple of dollars (either way) or could it be a bit more of a deviation?

Finally if a US based customer chooses PayPal as their payment method do they get to see the price immediately in dollars as soon as they enter the PayPal site (I assume they do but would like confirmation) and again, what is the possible (or likely) deviation from the price quoted on the website (again using Norprice)?

I hope I’ve explained myself adequately and somebody can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
    Mick
    The Pretty Dress Company
Working...
X