analytics/adwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

analytics/adwords

Hope this is in right sectiom- could be a 'general V10'. Each day I've been check google analytics against what Adwords is charging me for, analytics generally shows half the clicks adwords says i'm getting. Actinic technical support says it is because I inserted the Adword tracking code when I started the website - not realising it was already there. I then activated the pre installed version not realising there might be a conflict.After about 4 weeks of trying, loads of snapshots and endless phone calls tech support cant tell me how to find it and remove it, have I really made an unreversible mistake and is it likely to be causing this 'numbers' conflict.
    thanks
    frank

www.past-reflections.co.uk

Can't you get whoever installed the code in the first place to reverse their work, probably about 3 minutes work at most, that will leave just the standard actinic code in place, so you can then prove the answer you have been given as incorrect.

Comment

Oh - embarrassingly it was me- just copied and pasted as per googles instructions,dont remember what it looked like or where I put. If I tried to set it up again - without actually doing it, perhaps I could then find it. You make it sound simple, but tech support dont know where to look.

Comment

Look in your outer layout at the bottom - that is the most likely place.

Don't forghet that Google Analytics tracking and Google Adwords tracking are not the same thing.

Comment

Well at worst you could go into the design library, click the checkboxes to show altered layouts, expand each group and search through each 'marked' one to see if you could find the code in question. What support are telling you is complete crap (if what you say is true) i'm afraid, anyone who knows this software reasonably well could within an hour at tops locate where extra 'non standard' code has been included that shouldn't/doesn't want to be there anymore. There really isn't that many layouts to check, it's a couple of hundred tops, of which the vast majority would be nothing to do with where you'd add this code. Check the 'outer' and 'inner' groups towards the bottom, most likely to be in one or more of those.

Comment

thanks for your replies, in design library there is a section-Google analytics markup (which is * saying its been altered) when expanded 2 sections G.A.tracking code and G.A.Order transmission are both marked altered. If I right click them there is an option to revert to factory settings, would that help. I dont ant to get rid of the 1 that should be there.
            thanks

Comment

Use the compare facility, those layouts might be changed because you have added the _gat fix which most if not all sites seem to suffer. If it looks like something you messed with, then copy it and revert it to try (you can always change back anyway), but before you go off on a tangent looking at areas you think, try following the advice you've been given, that's almost certainly where your problems and duplicate code exist.

Comment

Apologies thought I'd spotted something helpful thats all. In Web page outer layout -Basic page List in left sidebar section- there is a google site verification code near the top and a Google Anayltics tracking code near the bottom. In the Deisign wizard outer layout section here is a Google Anayltics tracking code near the bottom. If they are to 'go' do I just highlight and delete.
                Thanks

Comment

If you added tracking code yourself earlier then it would not be a layout (ie it would be some lines of code not aome red text with a layout name).

What's your URL - so we can see a page and make sure you actually have duplcated tracking code.

Comment

www.past-reflections.co.uk, does that allow you to see what your looking for.

Comment

At the bottom of your pages, the code is looking for a script at http://www.actalog/google-analytics.com/ga.js which is invalid html and wrong. If i were you, i'd revert the Google analytic changed layouts in the library back to factory standard, then i'd do the '_gat' fix detailed in the KB and then i'd upload. That will at least get you back to standard actinic code as it should be, let us know when you've done that and we can take a look at the code again.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44926

Comment

Thanks again - the reverting bit I can do-hopefully! I have found loads of references to this _gat fix but cant find one that actually shows me how to do it, dont want to make things worse.

Comment

I've provided a link to it in my post, no searching required.

Comment

Done as you said and updated.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X