No announcement yet.

Preferred domain (www and Non-www)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log out of Google to see the real results, they're tailored when you are logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
      You also need to be careful that you are not seeing personalised search results from Google, as this can make it appear that you are ranking well when you are not.
      If I search in Google for 'Roof Supplies' I see you site in position 27 (page 3).
      To be honest, i think i need to give it time.

I use a seprate PC and browser to check results due to Cache and personalised results.

The promenade tiles page that you are seeing is a Wordpress RSS feed that hasnt been reinstalled since i moved to actinic hosting. (im working on it)

Saying that though, ive checked a few different PC's here and i do see us on page 1 for Roof supplies?

The page that linked to Promenade tiles was;

http://www.roofingwarehouse.co.uk/ro...ade-Tiles.html

I hate google and the way it works sometimes lol.

@Lee - Even when logged out sometimes you get cache results, so i use a completely different PC and browser and i make sure i dont click through the links. Ill give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Log out of Google to see the real results, they're tailored when you are logged in.
        You can also turn off this feature in your google account settings, by clikcing on the gwear symbol in the top right hand corner, then 'Web History'

Or type &pws=0 to the end of the search query (not tried this myself)
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Done a lot of reading up on Google Sandbox and it seems very much so that we are in it! We had 80 backlinks get registered the day that we got sandboxed, and from what i read new sites that optmize too fast, and get backlinks too fast get sandboxed. Oops!

Comment

How did you get the 80 backlinks in one day?

Comment

I didnt stick 80 links out in one day, but over the last 7 weeks i have been submitting my site to directories, and commenting on forums, etc...

When google and bing finally picked them up they suddenly went "Oh hello, 80 links"

I keep an eye on the stats every day using my toolbar built in to FireFox. I can only assume they didnt like it.

Bing search for links:

Code:
              inbody:roofingwarehouse.co.uk -site:roofingwarehouse.co.uk

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure yet that you're in the sandbox.

This thread started, I assume, because you were getting pages indexed without the www.

You've now sorted that but have to give Google time to re-index all the pages and work out what's what.

It's also fairly typical for pages to drop after the initial short term boost and you have problems with old pages still appearing in the index (and most likely causing new pages to be dropped as duplicate content).

Rather than worry about sandboxing yet, I'd first fix the existing problems, then double check everything's been done correctly, then look in webmaster tools for any reported issues and fix those. Only after that would I start worrying about having tripped any over optimisation filters.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I mainly started it to make sure i was creating my HTACCESS file correctly.

Im guessing that it works ok, webmasters has no issues with the site what so ever yet.

I think that I will give it time to do its thing, im sure ive said that 5 times already in this thread hahaha

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X