Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Links

Hi Everyone

I have noticed when searching Google, the natural listings (and Adwords) now show a set of small links underneath the main listing for the top one or two results.

Is this something Google does automatically? - or is there something to 'switch on' in Webmaster Tools or Google Accounts.

I have attached an image with this post showing the result for House of Fraser.

Some of my competitors have this showing when searching, just don't want to get 'left behind' !
    Attached Files
    Steve Jordan
    -----------------------------
    Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
    Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Here's the answer:

"Google has confirmed that they are rolling out a new look for their one line sitelinks. The new look has a small arrow on the left side of where the sitelinks begin.

A Google spokesperson confirmed that these are indeed new and are “currently rolling out everywhere this week.”

Google has changed the look, layout, and number of sitelinks under a search result drastically over the years. This change is pretty minor, only showing a small little arrow on the left side of the sitelinks."
    Steve Jordan
    -----------------------------
    Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
    Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Comment

Basically yes they are automatic, its based on your site to page importance as well as how many people visit a given page through google.

Basically the more important a page is perceived to be the better chance it will get a sitelink.

Only the top 2 or 3 sites of a results page (if you are lucky) will get said sitelinks - its clear though that you site must have a good ranking before they will begin to show up - not all sites will get them.
      Adventure Centre Ltd - CheapTents.com

Comment

Working...
      X