Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong VAT rate showing on invoice

Hi All
    Since changing the VAT rate to 15% my invoices print out a rate of 0% for shipping in the VAT Summary, but still uses the same cade of 301.
    The Sales, Shipping, Subtotal, VAT & Total all are being calculated correctly so at least the customer is being charged the correct amount, but the VAT Summary is wrong.

Also when I use Actinic Link to Quickbooks it transfers the Shiping at 0% so I have to change this manually.

Anybody got any ideas as I have gone through all the settings I can think of and they all seem to be correct?

Cheers

Jerry

Hi,

What VAT Rate do you use for your Shipping? Did you set up the new VAT rate as per this knowledgebase article?
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I use the new standard 15% for shipping.

The link to the article does not seem to work.

Also now some of my products are starting to do the same thing.

Comment

I use the new standard 15% for shipping.
        Sorry, I meant are you using 'pro-rata', 'VAT (Normal)' etc?

The link to the article does not seem to work.
        Sorry there was a double http:// in there. I've amended it in my previous post so it should work now.

Also now some of my products are starting to do the same thing
        What exactly do you mean here? Is the wrong VAT rate being applied on printing invoices and/or exporting to Quickbooks or do you mean when the site is uploaded some products are getting the wrong VAT rate? If they are on orders, are they orders from before the VAT rate was changed?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

I use VAT Normal

I have read the article and all would seem to be ok as far as that goes.

What is happening with the products is the same as was and is happening with the shipping, or very nearly.

The actual order is calculated correctly and prints out correctly, except for the VAT Summary part. When you then export it to Quikbooks the products and the shipping have no VAT amount. The shipping however shows as zero rated VAT code in Quickbooks (I use Z) but the products show the correct VAT code (I use RS).

All of these orders are after the 1.12.08

Comment

Any got any ideas?

This thread seems to have come to an abrupt halt.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

Sorry Jerry. We have another customer with a similar problem and I was waiting to see what the outcome of that was. I've chased the development team on it so will post back as soon as I get a response.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey

Hopefully they can get this sorted soon, it is causing a lot of extra work having to manually change every invoice within Quickbooks.

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

I have been experiencing same problem for ages.
                  I have had a call in with tech support since november and keep chasing it up. Tech support tell me that development are now looking at it. Which in my experience means that it is unlikely that I'll get any feedback - but you never know!
                  Andrew Fish
                  Business Resources

www.ardentsystems.com

Comment

By the way I had this problem before VAT change to 15%.
                    Andrew Fish
                    Business Resources

www.ardentsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                    X