Interlink / Geopost and Actinic Sync Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interlink / Geopost and Actinic Sync Script

I have written a php script to be used with actinic that produces the required import files for Interlink's 'Ship@Ease'.

The import file fills the Ship@Ease desktop software with the addresses of your orders so that you can create your labels much quicker.

This obviously works best if you have http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/ installed in Actinic and It was only tested with an old version 8 actinic (Connected via Actinet)

The script includes the actual feed, prepared using php and a vbscript that fetches the feed as a text file to the Ship@Ease import folder, ready for processing. You will need not only this set of scripts but to call the Geopost IT people (you will find their phone number in the help menu) and talk to them about it.

email me on crowe dot gabriel at gmail dot com for the scripts and instructions. PLEASE have a technical person install them for you, its NOT SIMPLE and requires some technical cojones. They are too fiddly to post here.

I have also extended Actinet for the customer i originally created it for so that the consignments can be searched for can be accessed via a web browser, like actinic can be accessed with actinet.

Their 5 strong sales team can now track parcels easier, much faster and the customers get their info much faster.

Anybody want this?

Comment

Yes, Very interested... I am looking to create an export to be used by the interlink software. I am also curious to know how to then import tracking numbers back into Actinic?? In addition, I am not sure how to identify particular products that will ship with Interlink.

Thx, Shane.

Comment

It's usually possible to pass the actinic order number into the courier system when you pass the order details over and then use that in a tracking email for the customer, if you do that then you don't have to bring details back into Actinic and so it's simpler.

Our One Stop Order Processing products have a link to interlink as well, it passes the order details over to interlink and is very easy to install and use, you can find more details and a free trial for our plugin here :

Actinic only :
        http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

Actinic and other shopping channels :
        http://www.1stoporders.co.uk/
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actinic to Interlink...

Due to actinic being back-ended by access, I have simply created an operational access mdb (linked tables from the actinic DB), which includes the creation of a shipping file. I parse a query into a CSV, using a file definition, and then use Dropbox to sync that file to the local watch folder of the interlink ship@ease solution...

If anyone needs a copy of the query, let me know...

Rgds and Thanks,
          Sntuk

Comment

Qry...

There is a whole load of intelligence that can be built into this process, but to start with, this qry gives geopost ship@ease all of the info required to create consignments...

SELECT Order.[Order Number] AS [Job Reference], '1' AS Labels, switch (Person.[Postal Code]='','219',len(person.[Postal Code])>0,'212') AS Service, '1' AS Weight, Person.Name AS Name, Person.[Address Line 1] AS Address1, Person.[Address Line 2] AS Address2, Person.[Address Line 3] AS Town, Person.[Address Line 4] AS County, Person.[Postal Code] AS Postcode, '' AS Instructions1, '' AS Instructions2, '3' AS Type, Person.[Phone Number] AS Telephone, OrderDetail.productreference AS Decription, 'New' AS [Con Value], Person.[Email Address] AS Email, Person.Name AS Contact, Person.[Address Country] AS Country, OrderDetail.productreference AS Ref2
            FROM (([Order] INNER JOIN OrderDetail ON Order.[Order Sequence Number] = OrderDetail.OrderSequenceNumber) LEFT JOIN OrderTracking ON Order.[Order Sequence Number] = OrderTracking.nOrderSequenceNumber) INNER JOIN Person ON Order.DeliverContactID = Person.ContactID
            WHERE (((Order.nInvoiceStatus)=0) AND ((Order.nBomStatus)=1))
            ORDER BY [order].[order total cost], Person.[Postal Code];

Comment

Working...
            X