Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!

Hi folks, i'm trying to upload a site using www.123-reg.co.uk. It analyses the site fine, and recognises the cgi-bin etc, but when I get to the 'perl' part, I put in tthe correct info which is /usr/bin/perl and the correct extension which is .pl.
    I then get the error message:
    "An error occurred while sending an http request to the web server. Try again or contact your network administrator to correct the situation."

Looking back, I had a similar problem in 2005 with the same hosts, and resolved it in the forum, but by looking at my settings i've got - everything should be okay?!? In fact on Monday night, it uploaded no problem whatsoever!
    My settings are:
    HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 1
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST
    WEBSITEURL http://www.robotboi.co.uk/
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP false
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 5000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 15000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD

Please help if you can? I have no idea why this is happening and i've already wasted two days just trying to upload?
    many thanks again,
    Steve

Fixed!

It was a permissions problem! Fixed now
    I have to thank all the hundreds of Actinic Users that helped me in my hour of need! What a helpful bunch you all are
    /sarcasm

Comment

Glad the problems solved Steve and thanks for posting the cause, however for future please be aware that subject headings with little or no information
      Please help!
      often get ignored!

Something like "123 Reg Connection/permission problems" help you get an answer and subsequent forum searches find the solution.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I agree with Fergus. A meaningless title posted late in the evening won't get much response.

Also an error message that tells you to "Try again or contact your network administrator to correct the situation" should have alerted you to the fact that the fix was in your own hands.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

however for future please be aware that subject headings with little or no information
          I will always ignore threads with these types of headings - so you only have yourself to blame for the lack of help!

Have a read of the HOW TO POST GUIDE

Comment

Working...
          X