No announcement yet.

Insert Layout Button Greyed Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I have been able to recreate it, but not straight away. I am just going to re-install the software to get the functionality back again to see if I can provide some reliable steps to reproduce it and then I will report it to development.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Good News, hopefully it will not be too difficult to track down.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I think I've got the recreatable steps and it's nothing to do with adding new layouts or javascript code. It looks like if you use the 'List names containing' field on the 'Insert Layout' window and then select a 'fixed layout', the next time you use it, the 'Insert' button is greyed out. To stop it happening again, I suggest not using the 'List names containing' field.

It happens on a site basis so if you have a multi-site license you can just license a new site and import the snapshot rather than re-installing the software.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

That would make sense as I would have used the 'List names conatining' field in conjunction with a fixed layout, although I thought I had used this combination several times without the problem occuring maybe it depends on whether the fixed layout box is already ticked.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

maybe it depends on whether the fixed layout box is already ticked.
            Yes, it seems so and if you untick the 'fixed layout' box and then start typing in the 'list names containing' box again, the 'Insert' button comes back to life, so no more re-installing the software
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

So it does, although typing more than one character disables it again. At least I don't need to re-install Actinic again.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

although typing more than one character disables it again
                only if there is nothing in the layout selectors list that corresponds with what you are typing, for example 'ggg' will grey the insert button out because there is nothing in the list containing this 'word'. If you type 'nav' in there the insert button should remain active.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

There are other bugs in this area. Ages ago I posted that if you type a single "[" into the List names containing field, you get an infinite series of "expecting end of character set" alerts. You'll need Task Manager to exit. Don't try this at home!

Still there in 9.0.3 I see.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ages ago I posted that if you type a single "[" into the List names containing field, you get an infinite series of "expecting end of character set" alerts.
                    Yes, I reported this back in January, so development are aware of it.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Where can I find the Box

Hi Can you tell me where I can find that box to uncheck it. Got the same prob here.. its not a major biggie as I can just type in the layout, but if its an easy thing to solve I'd rather fix it.
                      Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

The 'Use Fixed Layout' checkbox is half way down on the 'Insert Layout' dialog box
                        Darren Guppy
                        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I have attached an image to help.
                          Attached Files
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Many thanks for taking the time out for that, thanks.
                            Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Just had this same issue with SD13.... Any chance of a fix in a future version please?
                              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Hello Mick

I have mentioned it to the team to look at a fix for a future release. I am afraid I cant say when though. At present, Tracey's suggested workaround works OK for me.

Regards
                                Krithika Chandrasekar
                                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                                X