Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Network Drives / UNC path on Windows 7 64bit

Hi,

We are making the switch from XP to Win7 64 bit and I'm having this particular problem which might not be an Actinic problem but a Windows problem, but hope if someone has any ideas on resolving...

We are on multi-user v10.0.4, workstations access the sites directory located on our server via map network drive.

I install Actinic, get it working with the sites directory on the mapped drive.

The mapped drive is set to "reconnect at logon"

The problem occurs when I open Actinic after a reboot. It would say something like "sites directory not found" and would open up a window to select the sites directory.

In Windows Explorer, the mapped network drive's icon is normal, but the one on the Actinic window it has a red cross.

I would select the mapped network drive's sites folder and Actinic would take me to the "use existing data?" and then onto authorisation key page...

It's a pain to keep doing this everytime the workstation is rebooted...

I have tried the UNC path to the sites directory
    - it does resolve this problem, but our backup which involves renaming the sites directory fails as it fails to rename the sites directory due to file locking...
    - I've tried clearing all opened files via Server by : Server Manager > Roles > File Services > Right Click on Share and Storage Management > Manage Open Files > Close All
    but it still can't rename the folder... I've tried removing that drive from any automated backups and removed from any shadow copies.

I think once it may have been a print operation in Actinic crashed and the printer spooler that caused the lock.

However this file lock only happens when a UNC path is used.

So I need to either:
    #1 : resolve mapped network drive problem
    or
    #2 : resolve file lock problem on UNC path

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Update on "#1 : resolve mapped network drive issue"

- I've disabled UAC and seems to map okay in Actinic on reboot.

Comment

Working...
    X