Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My customers sometimes get an error when entering their credit card details with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My customers sometimes get an error when entering their credit card details with...

My customers sometimes get an error when entering their credit card details with PayPal Pro.

Your customers may see the following error when trying to enter their credit card details when using Paypal Pro:

"An error received from PayPal Pro Website Payments. Try again or select a different payment method. The error was: Field format error: 10713-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a country in the billing address."

This usually occurs if the buyer is shipping their goods to an address which is different to the invoice address. The error would indicate that the user is able to type in the country for shipping rather than it being from a drop-down box as the country code is not being passed across to Paypal. Paypal require country codes so that it can identify the correct country.

To ensure that the customer selects their country on the invoice address and delivery address pages of checkout, go to the 'Settings' menu and select 'Business Settings | Tax'. Ensure that 'Advanced Tax' is selected and then set the 'Tax by location' to 'Tax by Invoice Address'. Update your site. This will ensure that the correct country codes are passed across to Paypal.
Working...
X