Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) Failing

Hi

We changed our hosting during the week and all is well except that we no-longer get paypal payment authorisations and all paypal order just sit in Pending Payment Service Provider.

Paypal have sent an automated message to advise:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

(Not sure for security reasons if I should publish the urls here so just in case I haven't)

And hosting guys have advised:
    I ran a test purchase through paypal to see if there was any useful errors output when buying but there isn't - it's the background callbacks which are failing.

All I can see is that the script is failing to execute properly - but I'm getting absolutely no useful debug output when it does so, unlike the problems with the actinic payment confirmations - it just gives me the standard "Premature End of Script Headers" error.

Do actinic have any suggestions on common causes for paypal callbacks to fail, such as perl modules not installed, or files missing from the installation - or even some means to increase the logging output so that we can see what the actual problem is rather than a very generic 'it didn't work' error that apache (the webserver) generates?

We are on V10.0.1.

Has anyone encountered this before when changing hosting and know of any possible solutions to try - both I and my hosting guys have searched the forum but so far not found anything that fits. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Probably completely unconnected, but since yesterday my PayPal payments are failing to complete. The orders sit in pending, yet I can see that the money has arrived in my PayPal account. I just move them across manually.

The PayPal help phone line does not seem to be open over the weekend, so I will ring them tomorrow and see if they can shed any light on what is happening.

I have not changed anything. Running version 9.0.5 Business Multiuser.

Hendrik

Comment

We are having the same problem since yesterday morning.

Comment

yep .. same here. we changed nothing at all but are not getting the paypal notifications now.

Comment

Out of interest, what versions of actinic are you (last 2 posts) both running?
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            Out of interest, what versions of actinic are you (last 2 posts) both running?
            I'm running 10.0.2 KIIA, I can't say I haven't changed anything as I have spent all weekend working on the site.

Comment

running 10.0.2 KIIA too .. it's been working just fine up until the past couple of days.

Comment

Hello everybody!

We too are having the same problem.

First the PayPal notifications started coming in late - now they don't come in at all. I'm having to manually move the orders from Pending PSP to Pending.

Haven't made any changes to anything other than the products themselves.

Using version 7.0.5.0.0.0.FJBA but hoping to upgrade to the latest version later this year

cheers, Nick

Comment

I'm running 10.0.2 and have been updating products over the weekend.
                  Same problems here, PAYPAL orders are sitting in PENDING PAYMENT SERVICE PROVIDER. I'm moving them across manually as well. It looks like my last order (to go through nicely into PENDING) was on 24th Sep 2010 at 20:30 BST. Hopefully its a PAYPAL problem and will be sorted shortly otherwise I'll have to keep checking my PAYPAL account for completed orders.

Comment

V8 and its the same for us on all our sites - no payment notification coming back from paypal.
                    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
                    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

V9.0.5 and we are having the same problem.
                      Jonathan

Comment

Possible explanation and answer to the problem

I just spoke with PayPal support, and they are saying that my PayPal account has been 'refreshed' and this has caused it to lose the information about accepting IPNs.

I was told to log in, double click on Profile, and under Selling Preferences, click on Instant Payment Notification preferences, and see what it says. If you see a blank box that has no url in it, the instructions were to add your website url.

However if you see 'Notification url: followed by your website url' then it is set up correctly.

I have applied the fix, and will now see if it works!

Hendrik

Comment

Thanks for calling them, I have applied the fix, however I also went to the history option where you can resend past IPN's - resending one of those that didn't update in Actinic originally appeared to Fail when resent.

I added our URL as http://www.myurl.com and it doesn't appear to have worked. I can't really see how they can do anything with just the URL like that. When you view the IPN details it has the full actinic path for the message, so it seems a bit bizarre that they need a URL when they already have it in the message.

Steve

Comment

You are right. The url for the website does not seem to be enough.

Actinic support have just told me it is entirely a PayPal matter, but I am not totally convinced this is right. PayPal need to be told where to send the IPNs to in the first place. I am just not sure how this field was populated originally.

Maybe it needs the url, plus the /cgi-bin/os00001.pl1 extension

Hendrik

Comment

We're having the same issue...
                              How extremely tedious...

Comment

Working...
                              X