Line items now in new order format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line items now in new order format

Noticed that if you open line items in V11.0.3 you get the list in Alphabetical order rather than the order entered by the customer

We have items entered by customer like

polo shirt Large
    embroidery trevor
    polo shirt small
    embroidery barry

and so on

in the list it shows as

embroidery Barry
    embroidery trevor
    polo shirt large
    polo shirt small

Any way to get back to original
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris

I am checking this for you and will let you know if this was intentional or otherwise.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I have noticed it as well, so I would assume it's been programmed in.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately in previous versions the arrangement of order lines did not work properly, and could cause both components and discounts to become separated from the products they applied to. The change in v11.0.3 was to resolve those problems.

Unfortunately, in order to fix issues we sometimes have to change how the product works in ways that don't suit everyone. In this case there is no way to reverse the effect of the fix. However if you were to use either a Prompt, or a component associated with the embroidery product, then you could be certain that each embroidery request will remain with the product it relates to. This was not always the case in the past, in fact I am surprised the previous arrangement worked for you.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

It might show in a different order on a report Chris, so you could potentially preview one of those to see which name to embroider where. The display as it is, is very misleading.

Are they entered as a single product with two options or are they two separate products?

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi

I can see how this would be a nightmare for you Chris, but am I correct in assuming that in v11.0.3 the invoice will list all products in alphabetical order irrecspective of how the customer keyed it? If that is true that would be awesome for us!
            Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              It might show in a different order on a report Chris, so you could potentially preview one of those to see which name to embroider where. The display as it is, is very misleading.

Are they entered as a single product with two options or are they two separate products?

Regards,
              Hi Jan

Entered as two seperate products

Have to have a think about this as customers do not always understand our logic
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

I've had a look at your site and can see that the customer has to buy the garment as one product and the embroidery as another, which is why alphabetic order is not working for you because Actinic doesn't know that one product is related to the other.

Only suggestion would be to allow embroidery to be specifed in the products component, quite a lot of work to add that though. Exporting to file and editing the file to add the extra details then importnig again might help speed that up.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

Actually found the packing list is still in the original format so avoids the problem
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                    Hi Jan

Entered as two seperate products

Have to have a think about this as customers do not always understand our logic
                    Chris,
                    I still think there is an opportunity to utilise some clever Javscript which would, to the customer, simply allow them to select say, 5 shirts, and have the optional option of 5 embroidery products to be added to the basket as well. To Actinic it would simply add that as a separate product to the cart (with the relevant product ref added to the other info prompt) e.g. like single add to cart on the page, without the need for actually creating that product on the page.
                    Not sure if that's clearly explained - drop me a line for more info if you require, or perhaps we could put a demo together for you to see, if you are interested.
                    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                    X