Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else experiencing a problem with PayPal

Good afternoon,

Anybody else experiencing a problem with PayPal (PayPal Express Checkout) today?

Was working fine up to mid-night last night, now returning a 500 Internal Server Error

Contacted PayPal but not reply from them yet.
    www.hartsofstur.com - Seriously Good Cookware

Possibly unrelated but today I have not been getting callbacks from paypal (Paypal Standard).
    I have never had a problem with Paypal but today every single Paypal order has gone to PSP pending.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

PayPals Reply

For Information PayPals reply:

Good evening Graham,

Thank you for contacting Merchant Technical Support.

I made a test on your site and I was able to reproduce the error.

Please see below the URL that returned the error message on my browser :

https://www.hartsofstur.com/cgi-bin/...%2fos000001.pl

As you can check, it didn't even arrive to PayPal site. The error message clearly states that there was an error on the Server that hosts your site code.

Unfortunately we don't have any access to those data, so you need to contact your server administrator\webmaster and check the code\logs on that side in order to solve the problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other doubt or issue.

Thanks for your time and your patience.

Website hosted by Actinic who are now closed!

Comment

Your site is throwing an insecure content error, that MAY have something to do with it. Use CTRL-Shift-J in Chrome and it will show you the offending element on the page. It means you are using SSL but it is trying to fetch an image or script over non-SSL.

Even if it has nothing to do with PayPal, you'll want to clear that up.

Comment

Hi,

Yes we are having the same problems at Craftworld Direct, All orders going in to pending PSP. GTW any news? Tried to ring Paypal but no answer.

Nigel

http://www.craftworlddirect.com

Comment

No news Nigel, all paypal orders still going into Pending PSP. I have placed an order myself and was returned to the receipt page without a problem, but no emails triggered and the order ends up in pending PSP.
            I haven't changed anything so assume paypal have been playing around again, but not sure if it's a temporary problem or permanent.

There doesn't seem to be dozens of SellerDeck users complaining about the problem so guess it is not effecting everyone.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Just spotted this e-mail from this afternoon from Paypal, I didnt prompt them to send it.

Dear Craftworld Direct,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Messages sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:

https://www.paypal.com

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information.

Once you or your service provider fix this problem, you or your service provider can resend the failed messages from the IPN History page. If this problem continues, PayPal may disable the IPN feature for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Comment

Hi Nigel,

I think the common link appears to be the webhost. I use Clook Internet, and I believe your site is also hosted with Clook Internet, can you confirm this.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Hi Darren,

Yes, I do use Clook for hosting, never had any problems before. Will raise a ticket to see what they say.

Kind Regards,

Nigel

Comment

I have just raised a ticket and got the following reply:

Hi,
                    No changes have been made that should affect this - do you happen to know the URL/path of the script that receives the callbacks?
                    Is there a path to the receiving script or does it not work like that?
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Hi Darren,

I have checked that the modules are installed on the server as per the KB. The return URL if you have Auto Return set to ON in Paypal, which I originally did is https://www.mydomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/o...&ACTION=Finish

I have switched it off at the moment.

I am convinced the problem lies with Paypal and I have raised a ticket with them

Regards,

Nigel

Comment

Are there any others here who use Clook Internet (only a small company so probabaly only a few) who can confirm if they are effected or not, or any non clook clients who have a similar problem.
                        Darren Guppy
                        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Nigel, Are you able to pin point the time the problem started.
                          I dont; have an accurate time as I had a very quiet time for Paypal orders and all I know is that it worked at 2:54pm on the 29th July but wasn't working at 10:12am on the 30th July.
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Midnight on 29th July

Hi,

I know were using different PayPal products but this doesn't sound a coincidence as our PayPal was working fine at 11:58pm on the 29th July but failed by 2:26am on 30th July.

Cheers

Graham

Comment

SellerDeck technical support are investigating this problem.

From what we have seen so far it is not ISP specific and it is not affecting everybody using PayPal. We have done internal PayPal testing and it is working for us.

Most likely it is some routing service interruption.

I have just tried a Trace Route for www.paypal.com and the server was not reached in 30 hops.

Ping also times out

Oddly I can still browse to www.paypal.com

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                              SellerDeck.

Comment

Working...
                              X