Sellerdeck 2014 and Realex - down the pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck 2014 and Realex - down the pan

Well gee thanks Sellerdeck. This is shit news. No explanation, no apology.

Let me say this and say it loud: it won't just be a new PSP I'll be looking for. It'll be a whole new platform.

And don't even get me started on the grammar errors.

"I am emailing to inform you about changes being made to the support for payment services in the upcoming SellerDeck 2014 release. We work closely with a number of Payment Service Providers which we have integrated into our software making it as easy as possible for your customers to pay. Sadly we will not be able to support Realex payments into our new release and I wanted to cover other options that you might wish to consider.

We know that this causes issues for both you and your business, so we wanted to give you advanced warning, making the transition to another payment service as smooth as possible. To switch service you will need to call up your merchant account provider and tell them you wish to change.

You are free to pick from a wide range of payment service providers which can be seen here: http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...vice-providers. However we suggest using SellerDeck Payments due to it's interaction with SellerDeck software, which has a range of benefits including:

Full PCI-DSS Level 1 compliance
    Sophisticated fraud screening
    Single point for contact for support
    Fully integrated with SellerDeck order processing
    Competitive and flexible pricing

We have also arranged a fast track solution with First Data and SellerDeck Payments to help ensure a smooth transition
    Please note that these changes will not affect you until you upgrade your software to Version 2014, and your Realex payments will keep working on your current version.

Kind Regards,​​​​

Sellerdeck Ltd

Direct Dial: 01932 358345 | www.sellerdeck.co.uk"
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

This needs a proper explanation from someone senior. What is the problem and why can't it be fixed?

Another example of crap communication from sellerdeck. A serious problem for some people being communicated as a sales pitch for sellerdeck services and coming from a salesperson who's only interest appears to be making a pitch for sellerdeck services.

Come on sellerdeck, how many brain cells does it take to realise what this email should contain and what moron decided to give it to a sales guy to write?

Sometimes you really have to wonder about the people running sellerdeck.

PS. The list of approved payment Service Providers from which sellerdeck suggests you choose your new provider still includes Realex. So there's a nice bit of joined up thinking.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Also:

Alliance and Leicester, promoted on that PSP page as supporting PayOffline, ceased to exist six years ago.

PayPoint Net has been renamed just PayPoint.

Google Checkout closed down in November 2013.

Ogone is now Ingenico.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
        Alliance and Leicester, promoted on that PSP page as supporting PayOffline, ceased to exist six years ago.
        A&L finally ceased to exist in 2011 (having been acquired by Santander six years ago)...... PayOffline closed down 31st March 2012.

Sorry to be pedantic! Knew what you were getting at, anyway.
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Has anyone else received the same email that Jules received?

I haven't and nor have my customers - at least two of which use Realex.
          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

I am yet to receive a reply from the person at SellerDeck who the email came from mentioned in that dreadful communication masquerading as an "advisory note." So much for the "quick response".

It's crucial that Chris Barling et al respond now.

Someone's eyes have been taken off the ball here and it's not good enough.

Comment

Realex

Hi Everyone,

I apologise if our communications appear confused on this, hopefully I can shed some light on the issue.

As you have heard, Realex has recently chosen not support SellerDeck in subsequent releases of the software, which means that customers currently using their service will not be able to do so in future releases of SellerDeck.

We have some visibility of which customers are using Realex and so, two weeks ago, we started contacting those affected. We initially tried to call the contact information we had, but this proved inefficient, because it is often quite hard getting through to the right people. Having spent several days making little progress, we decided to email customers, which has been a lot more successful.

For those customers using Realex the situation can be summarised as follows:

- The current Realex integration on SellerDeck 2013 will continue to be supported.

- At this time, it seems likely that SellerDeck 2014 will not include the Realex integration. However, we are still in dialogue with Realex and pushing for a different outcome.

Finally, I do understand your frustration with the PSP pages being out of date on the web site. I am taking steps to rectify this. I will be posting a full list here in the next hour.

I hope this helps to provide a bit more context to the situation. Please feel free to email me directly, or call SellerDeck and speak to Sales if you would like to discuss the matter more fully.
              Regards

Phil Rothwell
              Managing Director
              Sellerdeck Limited

SellerDeck Ecommerce Software

Comment

SellerDeck Supported PSPs

UK Version :
                CardSave
                DIRECTebanking.com
                Nochex
                Ogone
                PayOffline
                PayPal Express Checkout
                PayPal Website Payments
                PayPal Website Payments Pro
                PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution
                Paypoint.net Complete Solutions
                Paypoint.net Payment Gateway
                Sage Pay
                Secure Hosting(UPG)
                Secure Trading
                SellerDeck Payments CNP/MOTO
                SellerDeck Payments Ecommerce
                Skypay
                Total Web Solutions
                WorldPay
                Regards

Phil Rothwell
                Managing Director
                Sellerdeck Limited

Comment

Originally posted by philrothwell View Post

As you have heard, Realex has recently chosen not support SellerDeck in subsequent releases of the software, which means that customers currently using their service will not be able to do so in future releases of SellerDeck.
                  No. No-one had heard of this until the email arrived the other day. And some clients have not received the email anyway.

Poor.

Comment

Originally posted by philrothwell View Post
                    UK Version :
                    HSBC Secure ePayments
                    Really? HSBC Secure ePayments *became* Realex/Global Iris two years ago.

Comment

Hi Phil,

Realex has recently chosen not support SellerDeck in subsequent releases of the software,
                      Perhaps you could expand on this as there is clearly something going on here and I think the users of Realex deserve a proper explanation. After all, there is an integration that works so why isn't this being carried forward.

My own suspicion is that there's a need to update the integration to keep up to date with the evolving standards and Realex have decided not to fund sellerdeck's development of this.

Given how much of sellerdeck's revenue must now be coming from the Cover contracts of long term users I think it would be reasonable for those same users to expect some continuity in the services supported. I'm not a Realex user myself and don't know how many people are but surely there's a case for sellerdeck to fund the development themselves in order to support their customer base of cover customers.

After all, surely the development for evolving standard will be similar to other integrations. Or is it slightly more complicated than that because of the SSL requirements that HSBC introduced that needs the sellerdeck SSL server placed in the middle?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Realex

Hi All,

We do sympathise and are very happy to discuss this with you directly, if you wish.
                        Regards

Phil Rothwell
                        Managing Director
                        Sellerdeck Limited

Comment

No, let's have that discussion out in the open.

You have a bunch of pissed off users, some of whom spend hundreds of pounds on cover contracts annually, as Mike points out. We deserve to be told what is going on.

To send out a crass sales email, follow it up with a mealy mouthed apology and still no explanation, rubs salt into the wound.

My point from the beginning stands. The people at the top have taken their eyes off the ball. It's all very well chasing awards and developing apps, but if your core customers aren't being looked after properly, they'll leave.

Comment

Oh no, we were thinking of moving to realex, I met them at a conference recently, they seemed like really good guys. They seemed to think that they did support sellerdeck.
                            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                            Multichannel order processing
                            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

This is very bad news.

I was just getting excited about sellerdeck14, but if they wont work with HSBC then I'll have to reconsider as well. I've built a relationship with HSBC/GlobalIris/Realex and have got good rates which I wont be walking away from.

and
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X