No announcement yet.

Sellerdeck 2014 and Realex - down the pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the best way to get a full answer and talk through the options would be to call Phil Rothwell directly.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Real shame if Sellerdeck will no longer be compatible with HSBC!
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I really like the new features of Sellerdeck14. The responsive designs, the carousel, the social media integrations. It all looks fab, but having been with both sellerdeck (actinic) and hsbc for 7 years, I'm quite miffed about this.

Why would Realex choose to support all these carts but not Sellerdeck?
        http://www.realexpayments.co.uk/shopping-carts

Have you guys had a bust up? If so can you please sort it out
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've just seen this thread now from a link in 2014 forum . I'm a realex user and received no email or any communication about this despite taking up seller deck cover recently to upgrade to 2014. A bit of a disaster for me to be honest.
          www.satellite.ie

Comment

December now and a client has just bought SD14 from sales - he uses HSBC and Realex and no one in sales thought to tell him that the product he was buying would be useless with his PSPs. This raises serious ethical questions about the conduct of SellerDeck Sales.

He really wanted the js compression in v14 to boost his page load too. Now it is going to cost him a packet!
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer
            SellerDeck Website Designer
            Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
            Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
              I think the best way to get a full answer and talk through the options would be to call Phil Rothwell directly.
              Tried both phone and email Mike and no reply from Phil.
              www.satellite.ie

Comment

In the absence of any hard causal information from sellerdeck could this possibly be the reason ? http://www.realexpayments.ie/blog/re...oodle-ssl-3-0/
                www.satellite.ie

Comment

If Phil is out of the office ( I know he is today ) try speaking with Linda Butcher (Neil Baytons successor.) She is aware of the issues and can arrange a time for you to speak with Phil.
                  linda.butcher [at] sellerdeck.co.uk
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer
                  SellerDeck Website Designer
                  Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                  Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info but I've emailed Phil directly and left a message with a colleague some time ago.

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
                    If Phil is out of the office ( I know he is today ) try speaking with Linda Butcher (Neil Baytons successor.) She is aware of the issues and can arrange a time for you to speak with Phil.
                    linda.butcher [at] sellerdeck.co.uk
                    www.satellite.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Moore View Post
                      In the absence of any hard causal information from sellerdeck could this possible be the reason ? http://www.realexpayments.ie/blog/re...oodle-ssl-3-0/
                      No this is nothing to do with it.
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thanks, Can you say what is the cause then ?

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                        No this is nothing to do with it.
                        www.satellite.ie

Comment

No. We haven't been told.
                          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

That question was directed at Feemish since he indicated that the issue i mentioned was not the cause.

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                            No. We haven't been told.
                            www.satellite.ie

Comment

Sellerdeck told me that Realex had decided not to build an integration for Sellerdeck14.
                              It seems that Sellerdeck want Realex to build the integration and I think historically that is how it has been done.
                              Realex told me they will not be building the integration with Sellerdeck for 'Business reasons' reading between the lines I got the impression that they didnt think it was 'cost effective' anymore. Meaning that not enough people now use Sellerdeck (with HSBC) to make it worth their while.
                              Whether Sellerdeck think it is worthwhile for them to invest in building the integration (which I cant imagine is more than a days work for a coder) remains to be seen. Basically I think neither party want to pay to build it. I may be wrong... and if I am maybe someone from Sellerdeck will comment and put the story straight.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thanks for your insight . If it is in fact just a days coding I would think it a worthwhile investment on Sellerdecks part. Could have saved some PR damage also.

I'm also wondering how/why the scripts can be that much different between 13 and 14 ?

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                                Sellerdeck told me that Realex had decided not to build an integration for Sellerdeck14.
                                It seems that Sellerdeck want Realex to build the integration and I think historically that is how it has been done.
                                Realex told me they will not be building the integration with Sellerdeck for 'Business reasons' reading between the lines I got the impression that they didnt think it was 'cost effective' anymore. Meaning that not enough people now use Sellerdeck (with HSBC) to make it worth their while.
                                Whether Sellerdeck think it is worthwhile for them to invest in building the integration (which I cant imagine is more than a days work for a coder) remains to be seen. Basically I think neither party want to pay to build it. I may be wrong... and if I am maybe someone from Sellerdeck will comment and put the story straight.
                                www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                                X