Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic system needed but not as complicated

Hi

We have been asked to build a website for a customer.

They want to place all of their products online and they want their visitors to be able to place products into a basket and then submit the products in the basket for a quote.

so basically we want something like actinic but without any prices being on there and the need to submit payment details.

can we do this in actinic or does anyone know of any other systes that we could use?

Many thanks

You should be able to do this easily by simply not pricing your products. Actinic will not generate any pricing information so the page would simply act as a brochure page. There are a few things you would have to change in the variables so all the "Buy Now" and "Price" labels read to something like "Add to Quote" You should then be able to configure the checkout by using the Payment On Account option. The text can be changed to "Submit Quote" or something like that and you could rename the "Order Number" as "Quote Number".

Once you start playing around with it things should become pretty clear! I would get the demo and start playing around with it, you should be able to answer most of your own questions from adding in some products. It should do the job very well and I would think any problems would be very easily solved. Just bookmark the Community Pages!!!!!

Dave
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Hi there.... I am currently doing a site as you describe.

Only difference is that the local store managers log onto my customers website, choose which displays, signs etc that they are after...

Via actinic they place their order, no prices are involved and a seperate system bills the head office stores.

As the other reply suggests just set the store up, but dont add prices to anything, and also select for prices not to be dispalyed - that way you wont have £0.00 shown on everything.

Findally config it so that theres no shipping, tax, discount stuff - and everything will fall into place.

Just becasue the majority of online shops handle monies doesnt mean they all have to.

Comment

Working...
      X