Is Actinic really suitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Actinic really suitable?

hello ive been using oscommerse for a while and am interested in the actinic product range, well I need the following shopping cart and secure money area with email and management console and stock control database. my question is Actinic suitable for implementing this? + what advantages over osCommerse does it have? thanks for you time

As you are the expert on OSCommerse your best bet is to download a trial Actinic and see for yourself

Most people on this forum are dedicated Actinic users so probably will not know oscommerse as well as you.
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

From the points that you mention, then Actinic is ideal for what you need, but you will be aware that OS Commerce comes with an online account history amongst other features, so you would be best trying out the trial download first of all so that you can see what you get compared to OSC.

Comment

OSC is a server driven cart therefore any number of users can administer it, Actinic is PC based therefore has to be run from one PC. (or 2 if you want to split order processing from development.

In my experience Actinic has more inbuilt functionality, you need far less PC experience to build an Actinic store.

As the others say, either download a trial version and see for yourself, or go to the actinic site and look at examples sites and compare features.

You will need to look at the stock control, as this can be abit confaluted if you have products with different colours and sizes.

OSC also has features like top 10 bestsellers, reviews, inbuilt tell a friend, notifications on products...if none of these are crucial then take a serious look at Actinic

Comment

Working...
        X