PSP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP's

Ok, so ive looked at a lot of threads regarding PSP's, and Paypal in particular.
    So how hard is it, I actually thought it looked quite straight forward, but looking at the other threads concerning Paypal, it dont look quite so easy anymore.
    Ive heard from other people as well that you have to wait 90 days for a Merchant ID, Is this true? and if so what are you supposed to do in the meantime.

I think I am right in saying that with PayPal you do not need a Merchant ID.

Comment

to integrate Paypal with actinic all you need is your paypal email address.

Although as a business you really ought to get verified, this only takes a matter of a few days, paypal make a credit to your bank account which you have to confirm.

All pretty straight forward.

Comment

????
        Mmm, now im a bit confused, i was under the impression that the Merchant ID was required, Its the only info thats asked for in the Business settings|Payment and security|select Paypal|Configure method.
        I cant see anything that refers to any other methods in either the Advanced or quick start guide.

Comment

your merchant id is your paypal email address

Comment

That would explain a lot.
            Thx.

On a side note, Does paypay supply the same test mode as other PSP's do?
            Last edited by rodmc; 01-Nov-2004, 01:35 PM. Reason: requesting more information

Comment

Hi Rod,

On a side note, Does paypay supply the same test mode as other PSP's do?
              I don't think you can run Paypal in Test mode. I believe this is the same for NoChex as well. All they ask for, is the email address for which you paypal/nochex account is created by.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thx.
                I heard a lot of good things about Protx, im going to do a bit of digging on them today.

Comment

They have been suffering from a Distributed Denial of Service attack over the last 3 or 4 days, which is not there fault obviously which they are working against at the moment, but generally there service is good and they have seen a big increase in there internal operational running to improve services and support

So this DDoS asside, they are good

Comment

Oh yes, with a company like Protx you will need a proper Bank Acquired Merchant ID.

It is only the likes of PayPal, NoChex that does not, although WorldPay have there own system without a Merchant ID proper.

Comment

Im getting this message when in test mode with PROTX.

There was an error contacting the Vendor Site.

The server name or address could not be resolved so the Vendor server could not be contacted.Please contact protx about this error.

You have been charged for this transaction although the Vendor may not be aware of this. Please contact the Vendor to inform them of this fact . You will find the Vendors contact details on their website.

Click below to return to the web site from which you purchased your items and view your online invoice.
                      PLEASE NOTE: You can safely ignore any warning given by your web browser regarding sending information to an insecure server. All secure information has already been obtained and saved. The next step is simply to show your receipt and involves no transmission of sensitive data

If you have questions about the payment process itself, please contact protx at info@protx.com

If you have any questions regarding delivery of your purchased items, please contact The Protx Test Vendor directly

Click Proceed below to return to the The Protx Test Vendor completion page.
                      any ideas why this is?

Comment

Protx has been hit by major DDos over this last three days Sunday 16:30 to this afternoon so probably connected to this.

Unlike most other companies Protx have sent me about 10 emails during this period keeping us informed of whats happening. Why cant the rail and airline companies do the same?

Keep your faith with Protx as they are one of the best
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                        X