Image Resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Resizing

Has anyone any recommendations for an easy to use .jpg resizer - preferably one that han resize a batch of images at once?

I find Photoshop Elements 2, a good solution as it has the ability to reduce jpgs to web efficient jpgs without loss of control, whilst all will reduce jpg's this seems to have a much better way and very simple and cheap.

It will do batch files but not reduce them to the same size as the single option (nobody know why but it just dosn't)

I think you can download a trial version from Adobe
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx will give you access to FREE image resizer. Works as a right click option in explorer and if you select multiple files it will do them all.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Awesome! I've been using a Fireworks batch file but this is fantastic. Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

God, Thats another secret gone.

Really good and quick.

Use in conjunction with THIS and you have real power for batching images
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
            http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx will give you access to FREE image resizer. Works as a right click option in explorer and if you select multiple files it will do them all.

that's a nice find - I'm going to have a few staff play with it and see if it will work as a replacement for our current solution - pix-resizer

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

which is a freeware application with batch resize built in.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long [not affiliated with BlueFive in any way]
            Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
            Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
            NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

I just found another one but axiomx.com - picsizer - freeware, batch capable - can't speak to it's usage or efficiency - I just found I'd installed it a while back....

regards

Greg
              Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
              Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
              NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
                God, Thats another secret gone.

Really good and quick.

Use in conjunction with THIS and you have real power for batching images
                Gary,

If you really want a fabulous file manipulator check out
                ZTree

This is a completely rewritten for Windows version of the DOS based program XTree. You can change file dates, names, all sorts of things that you used to be able to do in DOS. For instance, have you ever wanted to add a prefix onto a filename? IMAGE.JPG ---> tnIMAGE.JPG for the thumbnail name. Simple with ZTree, tag all the files, CNTL R (rename) <tn>*.* for the mask and hit A for all files, and ploosh all done.

Ztree does a ton of other things too, like prune and graft directories from one drive to another or just to another directory. You really shouldn't be without it. Change date and time stamps to whatever you want. I use the time stamp to keep track of versions (05-03-04 5:00:00 is version 5)

Eagle
                Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

And I use the €10 donationware Irfanview - www.irfanview.com - which is great at batch resizes. It will write the changed files to a new folder so you preserve your originals. It's also good for altering the JPEG compression level on a batch of images too.

I quite often come across sites with great looking images, but running very slow because they've been saved at minimal compression and are thus huge files. Irfanview can fix that in seconds.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

one I found yesterday is Smart convertor, http://www.smartconverter.com/, it will even let you append to the existing file name.

I resized a couple of hundred images last night to three different sizes in about 15 minutes.
                    Andy McCallum

The Craft Shop

www.thecraftshoponline.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X