What Is The Best Way To Promote My Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is The Best Way To Promote My Site

What is the best way to promote my site and linking it to a search engine without huge cost (Yahoo £300.00). I would like to advertise each catalog page.

Any Information Will Be Very Much appreciated

Thanks

underwaterworld

http://www.underwaterworld.co.uk
    Gavin Carr
    Underwater World
    Stoney Cove

It's never a good idea to post the same question twice. I've just posted an answer to this in the V6 forum.

Anyway, for completeness, the best place to look is in www.searchenginewatch.com. It will tell you everything you need to know about promoting your site in search engines.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

If I click your http://www.underwaterworld.co.uk I just get a page with a mail link???

I guess it would be best to post the site first so that search engines will have something to look at.

Dont keep what you have as an index page as this is a big No. No.

As already mentioned use places like searchenginewatch and sign up for the news letters as they will keep you informed with whats happening.

Spending £300 on Yahoo could be best £300 you have ever spend as it's a major portal.

Check out overture and inktomi for pat per click listings that you can budget for.

etc..etc............

Good Luck
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I dont want this to sound like I'm nit picking because I'm not, but I visited the link and after a while the page actually redirects to the main catalog pages. Looks very impresive actually.

Comment

does look good.

I just clicked everything and nothing happened. If you are going to keep the index page like this then you should submit the URL of the catalog to the search engines.

I have loads of back issues of Search Day if you want me to e-mail then to you.
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I would highly recommend google pay per click, as a way to get quick results. In my opinion, no matter what you do, it is very difficult to get a normal listing on the first couple of pages of search engines. Everybody wants the same and the only way to get it is to pay for it.
            Overture has just doubled their minimum click price to 10 pence, potentially doubleing your costs overnight. Having said that, they do get results as well.
            On both the above sites, you need to thoroughly read all the notes and advice before submitting your ad.

Brian
            Brian
            www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

It is very possible to get onto the first pages of Google...you just need to read all the help files on Google and follow the directions.

Obviously it helps to have a non competitive keyword, then you have to do a lot less work. The secret is page rank, ignore this and Google will ignore you.

Comment

i wouldnt reccomend using a meta refresh to take your customers from the splash screen to the main pages, as the search engines generally dont like them, and may even black list your site.

You'll be much better off getting customers to click through manually.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X