Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Line 50 FC V.11 help please?

Hi
    I cannot figure out how I can change/update the "sales price" in Sage, without going through them one by one! Please put me out of my misery and tell me the secret of how to do this. If this is not possible, then can you transfer sale prices from the pricelists in sage to Actinic??....thank you

Also, can you import products into the specific "product catagory" within Sage from an excel spreadsheet? Better still, does anyone has an excel template they are happy to share with me that does this???

Thanks.

Hi there

Sorry i don't know much about Sage, so i will leave people to comment to this thread, however with regards to the following question:

If this is not possible, then can you transfer sale prices from the pricelists in sage to Actinic??....thank
    This is support with Actinic Link. You will needs Actinic Business to use this software I'm afraid.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thank you Nadeem

I have Actinic Business. Would you mind explaining how I do that please? or telling me where to look :-)
      Thanks again.

Comment

The best person I have found to answer this is Paul Barket Paul Barker [paul@greatervision.co.uk] who sorted me out.

if you email me I will give you his phone number
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi there

I wonder if you have Link setup. To setup Link, simply check the help file, which is in "Start | Programs | Actinic Link for Sage" and you should see the help file.

We normally say, setup a profile first:
          1. Sage to Actinic
          2. Actinic to Sage.

The helpfile explains what each tab does, and if you don't understand something, simply use the screenshot settings, as this is set to the default.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

can you import products into the specific "product catagory" within Sage from an excel spreadsheet?
            Yes - Within Sage HELP using the INDEX section, look for IMPORT | FILE DETAILS and print out the section for PRODUCT RECORDS.
            This gives you the structure to setup an Excel spreadsheet for importing product records into Sage.
            The field for the product category is 'Stock Category NUMBER' [not the Stock Category NAME]. You may need to print out your Stock Category List to get the category numbers.

After you have populated your excel template, remember to delete the header row [containing the column headings] and save as a CSV file before attempting the import.

** Do take a backup of your data before importing, just in case.

NB. The import procedure does 2 passes of the data. The first pass checks the data for errors and the second pass peforms the actual import If any errors are found, the import will abort after the first pass but it does provide a list of errors with row and field numbers.

HTH
            Regards, Sharon
            www.daegen.co.uk
            www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
            www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
            www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Thanks Sharon!

That has really helped me out, thank you for taking your time to help me.

Comment

Csv

Hi,
                I am trying to import data that my supplier have given me in Excel format into Sage, can you tell me if there is a way of using there data to save me having to input over 5000 products from this supplier alone.
                Thanks.
                Mark
                Please note I have never done and csv stuff before so idiots guide required.
                If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Hi,

That bit was covered in the post above by Sharon ..
                  Yes - Within Sage HELP using the INDEX section, look for IMPORT | FILE DETAILS and print out the section for PRODUCT RECORDS.
                  This gives you the structure to setup an Excel spreadsheet for importing product records into Sage.
                  The field for the product category is 'Stock Category NUMBER' [not the Stock Category NAME]. You may need to print out your Stock Category List to get the category numbers.

After you have populated your excel template, remember to delete the header row [containing the column headings] and save as a CSV file before attempting the import.

** Do take a backup of your data before importing, just in case.

NB. The import procedure does 2 passes of the data. The first pass checks the data for errors and the second pass peforms the actual import If any errors are found, the import will abort after the first pass but it does provide a list of errors with row and field numbers.
                  Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X