New site, opening offers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New site, opening offers.

Two things really, firstly we have just launched our v7 shopping site - www.surfline.co.uk and i would like people to have a nose around and let me know their thoughts.

Also as an opening offer we have a £5 towel deal on, just buy anything from the site, add a towel to your basket and you get it for half price rather than a tenner. Also a Actinic special, type in TOKDISCOUNT in the coupon code and see what you get.. (It must be upper case though)

Look forward both positive and negative feedback on the site.
    Cheers

Matt Fryer

---------------------------------------------------
    Saltrock Surfwear ..::.. Surfline

Well you did ask, so here goes: I am a "genuine" customer in that I need a wind/waterproof jacket to use out on my new boat this summer.
    (1) I go to the site and look at Womenswear. It says Styled, etc. That means nothing to me, and no jackets in there.
    (2) I found jackets eventually under Specials/Womens Specials/Womens Jackets. Not where I would have looked if I hadn't ALSO been curious about a bargain!
    (3) That meant I couldn't actually find what I really wanted except by accident!

OK so far? Then I found jackets - don't know whether any of them are lined with fleece, padding, etc. So I assume they are not? So they will not be warm enough for what I want?

(4) Pricing : the reduced from price is the first one yopu see - I actually thought that was the actual price until I realised it was further down. The two prices should be next to each other so it is clear that something WAS £X and is NOW ONLY £Y !!!

(5) Too much info is repeated - the email a friend box/towel click here box/related products/ is on every product. It clogs up the space and gets almost pushy. If I don't want to email a friend, I am unlikely to change my mind when I'm looking at product no 4!

Hope this is not too negative, but I went in a potential customer, and you need to know why I didn't buy?

Anf

Hope this helps
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

No no, you weren't too negative, I'm glad you were.
      Some fair points raised and those I will change over the next couple of days.

One which I didn't notice is the layout of the specials, the site was designed by our webmaster and only got added over the past 48 hours, so i haven't had time to go over it with fine tooth comb, I think that problem lies with the layout from our old site, we ran version 5 and the original price was directly above the final price, so on the old one it would have looked as you would have liked it. I will fix this over the weekend. Sorry.

I was thinking the E-mail a freind link was too heavy and it's my bad about the towel special. They both will be sorted.

On the jacket front the "Ladies "Big Girls" Jacket Ref:W04J222-S" is a light weight non padded weatherproof technical jacket and would be ideally suited to what you need.

I can't thank you enough for your input. Cheers
      Cheers

Matt Fryer

Comment

Let me know by email when you want the site looked at again if you can face it!

I filled in the bits to see what happened if I tried to order a jacket + towel, and filled in the coupon code you specified. I got as far as having to put in my card number and still don't know what the coupon code does! Chickened out at that point!

Anf
        Anf
        New Year - new YOU!
        (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Oh all right then.. You get an extra 10% off.....

Or should I say if it's working right then you should get 10%...

Just tested it and it will say "Buyers Club Discount" under the item you get discount on, which in your case would be the jacket, but not the towel as that is on special already.
          Cheers

Matt Fryer

Comment

Working...
          X