Buying Domain off someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Domain off someone

If you wanted to buy a domain off someone, what would be a good price to offer ?

Someone has agreed to let me have their domain name - and I've to name the price....
    For Everyday Pet Products
    www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
    www.poshpaws.ie

How long is a piece of string... it depends on how much you want the domain... Apple offered the owner of iTunes $5000.00 (he declined and is offering it around for circa $94000.00)... whereas you can get a free domain with most hosting packages.

If it was a domain I really wanted I would start the offer at say £100.00 with a view to paying up to £150.00.

It may be worth checking out the other top levels of the same domain eg domain.biz, domain.info etc to see if they are available first

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Have tried the .biz and one of them is available...

Would a .com or a .biz be more suitable for an ecommerce company - or does it matter ?
      For Everyday Pet Products
      www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
      www.poshpaws.ie

Comment

Using a .com or .co.uk used to matter more than it does now ... but people still do prefer to see the .com or at least the country version - hence their higher values.

Their main value is for people trying to remember your domain when entering into a browser - if they are not quite sure most will try yourdomain.com or yourdomain.co.uk ... if they come back blank how many will try yourdomain.biz? Very few I wager.

As more and more top level domains are created their impact and value may diminish - then again the .com versions may become more valuable due to rarity!

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Whilst your prefered name may be taken you could consider using split names www.prefered-name.co.uk, or alternatively regestering as a ltd company and then using the ltd.uk which most people would prefer to biz etc
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X